Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Show profile owner's activity on their profile page

• Buzz50
  • Buzz50
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #292702 by Buzz50
It used to be possible to show a profile page owner's activity on their own page.

Has this facility been removed?

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #292727 by krileon
In reply to your topic title: This should already be the case with the Activity tab, which you can publish if not already published within CB > Tab Management.

In reply to your topic message: Create a Joomla menu item with Community Builder > Plugin menu type. Then select CB Activity for the Plugin parameter then after the page reloads you can select My Activity for the Action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by krileon.

• Buzz50
  • Buzz50
7 years 6 months ago #292981 by Buzz50
When I publish the CB Activity tab this happens:

When I log in as a registered member, Mike and look at my own profile page CB Activity tab, I see everybody's activity, not just my own (Mike's)

If I log in as another member and look again at Mike's profile page CB Activity tab I see just Mike's activity.

In both the cases above I would like to see only the profile page owner's activity (Mike's), is this possible?

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292984 by krileon
You will see your activity and anyone's activity that you are connected to when viewing your own profile. When you view another users profile or another user views your profile they will only see activity directly targeted at you (they will not see your connections activity). This is how CB Activity profile stream has always behaved unless you've changed the asset of the activity tab to do otherwise.

In both the cases above I would like to see only the profile page owner's activity (Mike's), is this possible?

Yes, edit the activity tab and set the asset to "user,following,global". This will remove connections from its output. The default asset for my activity is "user.connections,following,global",

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Buzz50
  • Buzz50
7 years 6 months ago #292985 by Buzz50
Thank you Kyle, I understand now :)

Am I able to make it that when you view your own profile you only see your own activity, not that of your connections as well?

A hack will do for me please. I will keep a note of it for each time I upgrade or change anything.

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292986 by krileon

Am I able to make it that when you view your own profile you only see your own activity, not that of your connections as well?

Yes, see my reply above regarding this. You need to change the asset of the Activity tab. My reply is as follows.

Yes, edit the activity tab and set the asset to "user,following,global". This will remove connections from its output. The default asset for my activity is "user.connections,following,global".

Substitutions also work in the Asset so you could even use substitution IF conditions for more complexity.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon