Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Integrate stream into Group Jive

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293316 by timstohr
Integrate stream into Group Jive was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I am mostly waiting for Group Jive stream integration. I know you do not want to give dates etc... but was wondering when you are planning on working on GJ?
Which plugins are next (really looking forward to being able to upload pictures to stream as well...)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293329 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Integrate stream into Group Jive

I am mostly waiting for Group Jive stream integration. I know you do not want to give dates etc... but was wondering when you are planning on working on GJ?

I don't know.

Which plugins are next (really looking forward to being able to upload pictures to stream as well...)?

Which plugin is needed for the GJ Stream integration? None. CB Activity rewrite was what was left. However, every plugin fell behind in releases while I was rewriting CB Activity. So every plugin is getting some work before I start rewriting GJ. I've no idea how long the GJ rewrite will take. Probably 2 months or more like CB Activity.

Ideally I need to find a way to have the streams in GJ without having to create a custom integration for GJ to do it. I'd prefer CB Auto Actions to be able to output it. Really all GJ needs now is create access checks for activity and comments on GJ activity, which there is a trigger for in CB Activity already. CB Auto Actions however has no means of outputting a tab. So this functionality is likely to arrive before GJ is even rewritten once I begin work on next CB Auto Actions feature release. Same would apply for the CB Gallery integration with GJ for GJ Gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293334 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Integrate stream into Group Jive
Understood, however I am wondering why you are wanting to change CB Auto Action to output a tab... I had thought that (simplified), the output of old GJ plugins would simply be deleted and replaced with a trigger (onGroupJiveWallLoad), this trigger just loads CB Activity into the output. GJ Activity should only show activity with asset gj+groupID. Link Email notifications to GJ Activity, loop users who are in group ID (which is where I am guessing you will need to update CB Activity) and send them emails.
Bam you would be done.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293336 by timstohr
Seems easy in theory... I did it with my event system and I had thought you would employ something similar with Group Jive... I would even move all the tabs down from GJ to being part of CB Activity and then that would solve the problem nicely. Then you would have one single plugin for GJ and not the five that you currently have (the current one makes it old school and complicated)...
That is how I had thought that it would work.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293337 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Integrate stream into Group Jive
The original plan was to develop a GJ Stream integration plugin. It'd render a CB Activity stream per group and check for access accordingly. This really shouldn't be necessary and it creates yet another plugin to maintain the CB Activity API in.

A better solution is for GJ to act on CB Activity triggers and check for access (already does this for display, but needs create access checks) and simply have CB Auto Actions output the stream. For CB Auto Actions to be able to do that it needs to be able to return a tab object for GJ to output (including a tab title). So a minor update to GJ to have the access check and a feature update to CB Auto Actions for the stream and this functionality should be available.

Notifications is an entirely different nightmare to deal with. CB Auto Actions needs user object looping for that to work as ideally CB Auto Actions would also be responsible for sending notifications.

With all that said I may still do the GJ Stream integration as it would also provide GJ Wall migration to activity entries, but if I can accomplish outputting the stream before that then that functionality will be available months before the rewrite is complete and seamlessly work once the rewrite and GJ Stream are done.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293341 by timstohr
Personally I would be in favor of "outputting the stream before that then that functionality will be available months before" as it would allow people to be able to use the stream feature (which is dearly needed in my case as GJ in its current set-up is not very useful to me at all due to re-loading of page every time one posts). The older posts can then migrate to GJ Stream once it is finished... Also if the gallery would be included directly into CB Activity that would be great as it would allow my users to upload photos directly into their event, or in GJ's case, directly into the group... The photo tab (I had imagined) would then just be a filter of CB activity which filters according to gj + groupID+gallery-photos (or something like that).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon