Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] "too few arguments" error at login

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #294161 by dbeezley
I got a "too few arguments error" (clip attached) when logging in. I saw the solution in the developer's board: "install latest build". So I got the latest build and it failed: "Failed to uninstall self. Please uninstall manually." (clip attached)

What do I uninstall manually? Everything or just a certain component? If I uninstall and re-install to I have to redo my CB setup?

Doug
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #294162 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "too few arguments" error at login
This is fixed in latest CB build. If latest CB build isn't installing expand the log to see if any errors are present. I suggest installing through Joomlas extension manager as well even though package builder can work in bother Joomla and CB. Failing to uninstall self is CB Package Installer being unable to clean it self up (this will be clarified in a later release), which you can fix by manually uninstalling cb package installer within Joomlas extension manager.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by krileon.

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
7 years 5 months ago #294164 by dbeezley
Replied by dbeezley on topic "too few arguments" error at login
I don't understand what you are suggesting. I download the latest build (the only thing I can find is what I listed) then I upload it to the Joomla "Upload Package File". I don't know how else to do it. And I don't know where to find the error log, but it doesn't sound like that is going to help much. If I uninstall manually, do Ii just uninstall the CB Component and leave everything else? Will that mess up anything?

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
7 years 5 months ago #294165 by dbeezley
Replied by dbeezley on topic "too few arguments" error at login
I just tried the same thing again and it worked this time. (I had tried it at least 3 times before.) Login works now.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #294173 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "too few arguments" error at login
During install if you see "Failed to uninstall self. Please uninstall manually." at the end it means the Package Installer (the thing installing CB and whatever other plugins you've selected for download) failed to remove it self. You can manually uninstall it by going to Extensions > Manage and finding package installer then uninstalling it. That message will be clarified further as well as will try to improve its clean up process to hopefully avoid failed clean ups in a later CB Package Builder release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ernienet
  • ernienet
7 years 5 months ago #294186 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic "too few arguments" error at login
I had reported this a few weeks ago but thought I resolved it myself because I used ACL Manager to clean up the ACL.

But that's not working for other sites. I'm using pkg_communitybuilder_2.1.2+build.2017.05.04.16.30.55.c67734e1f.zip. Is that the file that fixed the issue? Because I'm not having any luck on about 2-3 sites so far.

I uninstall Package Installer, run ACL Manager to clean up the Asset Issues, and then try to install the update (from 2.1.2+build.2017.04.22.08.39.26.2c97ef2a0). But I'm getting the same "Failed to uninstall self. Please uninstall manually." response - and Package Installer is restored again. I've repeated this process with variations about five times now, with no success.

Thank you,
Ernie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon