Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Antispam - Recaptcha and Cloudflare

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294368 by webtechplus
Hi we have recently had to run a site we are managing through Cloudflare due to being targeted for an attack. When we moved over to Cloudflare the Google reCaptcha stopped displaying when you go to login. However, it is still there just not visible thus when a user tries to login it comes up with an invalid reCaptcha error.

At the moment CB Antispam is switched off, but I took a screenshot of the console which seems to be blocking a recaptcha file.

Any help would be appreciated on this topic.

Thanks

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294390 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Antispam - Recaptcha and Cloudflare
It looks like it's being blocked due to mixed content. The scheme it uses (HTTP or HTTPS) is based off what the scheme is of the page loading it. So I've no idea how you're managing to get mixed content, but my guess is HTTPS may not be setup correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #294414 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic CB Antispam - Recaptcha and Cloudflare
Hi Krileon

Thanks for your reply however we have had CB Antispam and reCaptcha working for months on a HTTPS connection without any problems. We have Joomla configured to Force HTTPS on the entire site and this hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is when we started running through Cloudflare. Would there be any other reason?

Thanks

We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294426 by krileon
I've no idea what Cloudflare is doing that would cause that, but if that's the only change it's safe to assume that's the cause. The scheme check is a simple check for HTTPS in $_SERVER global. This behavior has been unchanged since forever.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #294833 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic CB Antispam - Recaptcha and Cloudflare
We ended up dumping CloudFlare for www.stackpath.com/

The support was horrible and we just could not wait any longer for an answer

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294835 by krileon
Everything is working fine with stackpath I assume then?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon