Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity question

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294797 by liaskas
CB Activity question was created by liaskas
Hello

I am trying to create something like the "facebook wall" on my site with CB Activity.

I have set the plugin and i created a CB Activity plugin menu item to show my users actions to other users.

The menu item shows fine the following...

Connections established between users, New images uploaded from members etc... but i can not find the way to make the comments made to the cb gallery show on the "wall"

Is there a special point i have to pay attention to, in order to make the comments show?

In a few words we need to show the gallery media commenting in the activity stream. Is that possible?

Thank you in advance.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by liaskas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294817 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity question

In a few words we need to show the gallery media commenting in the activity stream. Is that possible?

It already does that. Comments on CB Gallery activity are tied to that gallery entry. If you uploaded to an album the comments are tied to the album when commenting directly on an activity stream. If you uploaded multiple items at once then the comments on the activity stream are tied to the first entry of the batch. See our demo site below with all of this working out of the box by simply installing CB Gallery, CB Activity, and CB Auto Actions then enabling the gallery commenting system action in CB Auto Actions.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294870 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic CB Activity question
Yes Krileon!
I changed all settings of the plugin, module and menu item and made them exactly the same as your demo site. It is working fine now! Thank you.

My other issue is that the activity stream is not getting the KUNENA post title (that would be perfect if it could be a link to the post).

So far i am only getting "[username] created a new post"

What we need to get is... "[username] created a new post with title: [post title]" (where [post title] should be a link to the post.

is this possible?

Here is what we have now...

"Kunena - Create" and "Kunena - Reply" from system auto actions are published.
"Kunena - Community Builder Integration " plugin is enabled and "Enable Activity Stream" in plugin basic settings is set to yes.

Can you please advise?

Thank you.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294873 by krileon
That again is just default behavior. See the top activity entry on our demo site where the subject outputs just above the post snippet. I've no idea what you may have changed to prevent that from functioning. Kunena activity is a System Action within CB Auto Actions that all you need to do is publish. There's one for new topics and one for replies to topics.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294878 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic CB Activity question

krileon wrote: That again is just default behavior. See the top activity entry on our demo site where the subject outputs just above the post snippet.

Yes... this is exactly what we need!!!

krileon wrote: I've no idea what you may have changed to prevent that from functioning.

Can you be more specific Krileon? What might we have changed that affects the kunena actions streaming only? As i have mentioned before, cb activity plugin, module, menu item and everything else, are configured exactly the same as your demo site system. What i am not able to check, are the versions of kunena plugins on your system, in case one of my kunena plugins is older.

So here are my versions:

Kunena - Community Builder Integration 5.0.9
Kunena - Joomla Integration 5.0.9
Kunena - Kunena Integration 5.0.9
Quick Icon - Kunena Forum 5.0.9
System - Kunena Forum 5.0.9

krileon wrote: Kunena activity is a System Action within CB Auto Actions that all you need to do is publish.

Yes this is a system Action. And you can not change anything in it, because the only option there is to "save as a copy" (i really like this). So we just published it.

krileon wrote: There's one for new topics and one for replies to topics.

They are both published.

Kunena - Create returns... [username with link] created a new discussion (and that is it)!
Kunena - Reply returns... [username with link] created a new discussion (and that is it)!

On some custom fields activity Auto Actions that we created, we used the Message text field of the Auto Action to get the post.

The kunena Auto Actions on our site have the message field empty as it is on your demo site Auto Action Message field. May that be related?

I also pm you the backend login credentials, just in case.

Thank you!

edited...

News about this issue!

Created a copy of Kunena - Create and used the following in the Message text area:

There is a new subject created in the forum: [var3_message_subject]

The above returns the title well. Now... how can [var3_message_subject] be a post to this particular forum topic?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294882 by krileon
The activity doesn't store the post details directly in the activity. It's parsed out on display using Kunena API. It uses CB Forums and its API to load in Kunena. Ensure CB Forums is published, public, and configured properly. Please do not send login credentials that I did not request.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon