Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Userlist - combining multiple columns

• mduda
  • mduda
7 years 3 months ago #295345 by mduda
I have a userlist where I would like to filter by teacher's name, and Display the student's name (first and last), parent's name, and contact info (email, address, phone). My cb table has columns for EACH student. So, currently I am only able to display student 1 info.

Example:
Jane Doe has 3 students. The columns I am trying to unionall into one column: cb_student 1 first name, cb_student 2 first name, cb_student 3 first name. Then: cb_student 1 last name, cb_student 2 last name, and cb_student 3 last name.

So, all 3 students info would be displayed:
TeacherStudent NameParent NameContact Info
Ms. SmithDoe, JulieDoe, Jane123 St.
Ms. MillerDoe, JoeyDoe, Jane123 St.
Mr. CaseyDoe, SallyDoe, Jane123 St.

Any ideas how to accomplish this? Is this possible within the cb?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295348 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Userlist - combining multiple columns
If they're fields stored to the teachers profile you can use a Custom HTML field and substitutions as shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

If it's stored in a custom database table then you can use CB Query Field to query for that information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mduda
  • mduda
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #295350 by mduda
Replied by mduda on topic Userlist - combining multiple columns
All of the info is stored in comprofiler (captured during registration).

I'm confused though on how I could show this list...each registrant (a parent) registers all of the data for each of their students. So student 1, student 2, student 3 and student 4 are all listed in one row of the table.

Another parent then registers all of their students (in the next row of the table).

I need to display this data in the userlist by teacher and then by student (but all student info needs to be listed in one column on the frontend userlist).
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by mduda.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #295352 by krileon
So each student and teacher are users within CB? As in they have their own account that you can manage in CB > User Management? Only way for the teachers to have a list of students on their profile as a field in that case is to query for them using CB Query Field aside from that I don't understand your situation, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by krileon.

• mduda
  • mduda
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #295356 by mduda
Replied by mduda on topic Userlist - combining multiple columns
Sorry I may not be explaining properly. The userlist on the frontend is available to all members. It is a menu item. Members can then access the member list.

This frontend member list needs to contain fields that are in cb table. The problem is that I need to display 4 columns of the table into 1 column on the frontend user list. I have four columns for students (cb_student 1, cb_student 2, etc), and then I have four column for teacher (cb_student 1 teacher, etc)

Does this help explain?
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by mduda.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295375 by krileon
You have complete control over how many columns you have and what is in them so I don't understand the issue. You should be able to click the Add Rows button to add more fields to a column or add more columns. Example as follows.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon