Skip to Content Skip to Menu

White on white text/background change?

• VDOGinc
  • VDOGinc
7 years 1 month ago #297018 by VDOGinc
Hi Folks,

I'm using a template that requires white text. Whenever I try to enter text in CB Activity or any other place in CB it's coming out white on white and is unreadable. Where can I change the background of the entry boxes or change the text color for CB? Is this a CSS fix or am I missing something? I do not have the option to change the site colors or template.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wade
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297032 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic White on white text/background change?
Right click and inspect element then review the CSS applied. All of CB and our products are styled by Bootstrap 3. You can add custom CSS overrides to your CB template using the below CSS override feature.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• VDOGinc
  • VDOGinc
7 years 1 month ago #297082 by VDOGinc
Replied by VDOGinc on topic White on white text/background change?
Everything is good on the CB template. It's the CBactivity plugin that is the issue. This override feature is really cool for the CB template. :)

Wade

• VDOGinc
  • VDOGinc
7 years 1 month ago #297085 by VDOGinc
I've gotten the CB override working fine. Can change colors easily now. However, It's not having any effect on CB Activity. I changed the template to a new one I added to CB Activity but it changed the Profile background and borders. Could you point me to the area in the CB Activity css so I CAN change the text entry box and text display area so I can change those?

Thanks!

Wade

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297120 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic White on white text/background change?
CB Activity template files can be found in the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates

You can still use the CB template CSS overrides to restyle CB Activity, but you need to ensure the selector you're supplying is strong enough to override CB Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• VDOGinc
  • VDOGinc
7 years 1 month ago #297233 by VDOGinc
Thanks for the Info but I have no idea how to do those kinds of overrides. :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon