Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Facebook Login wont work

• LordH
  • LordH
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #298001 by LordH
[SOLVED] Facebook Login wont work was created by LordH
I have done step by step to configure CB Connect with Facebook, but couldn't get to work.
Always getting this error:

URL kann nicht geladen werden: Die Domain dieser URL ist nicht in den Domains der App vorhanden. Um diese URL laden zu können, füge alle Domains und Subdomains deiner App im Appdomain-Feld in deinen App-Einstellungen hinzu.

What i am doing wrong? Any hint?

Homepage gdo.vomdienst.de/
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago #298003 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Facebook Login wont work
The error tells you exactly what's wrong "URL can not be loaded: The domain of this URL is not available in the app's domains. To load this URL, add all domains and subdomains of your app in the appdomain field in your app settings.". You didn't configure your Facebook application completely and it's missing the domain. See the below configuration instructions.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x#263227

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• LordH
  • LordH
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #298004 by LordH
Replied by LordH on topic Facebook Login wont work
I followed step by step www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/299-cb-connect/operations-guide/18364-how-to-configure-facebook
But this doesn't work for me. What i did.
STEP 1
Navigate to Facebook Developers .

STEP 2
Login and complete the authorization process to use the Facebook Developers site if you have not done this already.

STEP 3
Mouse over My Apps then click Add a New App.

STEP 4
Supply an application name then click Create New Facebook App ID.

STEP 5
Click +Add Product. Choose Facebook Login, then WWW.

STEP 6
Navigate to Facebook Login - Settings. Add URLs in Allowed OAuth Redirect URIs. e.g. example.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/endpoint.php?provider=facebook

STEP 8
Scroll to the top of the page and click My Apps .

STEP 9
Click the name of your newly created application on the My Apps page.

STEP 10
On your applications Dashboard page you now have App ID and App Secret. Both must be copied to CB Connect > Parameters > Facebook > Application.

Now looks like this.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by LordH.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #298009 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Facebook Login wont work
That tutorial is out of date. Use the below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x#263227

You are missing a platform in your application. Click "+ Add Platform" and select "Website".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by krileon.

• LordH
  • LordH
7 years 2 weeks ago #298015 by LordH
Replied by LordH on topic Facebook Login wont work
As i wrote, i did exactly every step as in documentation. But that way it didn't work. Now i have settings you see in the two screenshots. Now it works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• cmendez
  • cmendez
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298652 by cmendez
Replied by cmendez on topic Facebook Login wont work
I had the error in the image attached. I followed step by step the updated tutorial (which by the way does not seem to match the actual facebook settings)

The problem was that I have not set up the callback url since the updated tutorial did not mention it.

I suggest you update the tutorial or you will be getting more support requests, I guess.

Following the updated tutorial it is not working.

Callback url have to be set in facebook
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by cmendez. Reason: missing info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon