Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avatar, and, or Canvas image upload problems

• Grylle
  • Grylle
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298486 by Grylle
Hi,

We have CB site up and running. Some users have problems uploading avatar and canvas pics. If I retry with a "bad" photo, I can repeat the problems across users. However, I do not see any obvious problem with the image(s) in question.

The error message I got is quite confusing: "cookies not set, or session has expired.."

An image causing me problem is attached.

/Magnus
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Grylle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298512 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Avatar, and, or Canvas image upload problems
Try it on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Your error doesn't sound like anything specific to a file, but is the spoof checking failing. Ensure live_site in configuration.php is set to '' (empty) so you're not accidentally trying to do cross domain uploads. If using a cookie notice extension (informing users that cookies are in use) try disabling it as some of them prevent Joomla session cookie from working until approved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Grylle
  • Grylle
6 years 11 months ago #298890 by Grylle
I have checked the configuration file. The setting you mention is OK. I have no extension for cookies.

Re-trying now, I simply get a message saying "Profile image : Save operation failed".

What's going on?? Can Iogging be turned on, perhaps??

• Grylle
  • Grylle
6 years 11 months ago #298896 by Grylle
I have changed the default image location. Can this be the problem??

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298898 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Avatar, and, or Canvas image upload problems
My guess is it's a PHP function failing. Check server error logs if no errors are being output when debug mode and maximum error reporting are enabled in Joomla global configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Grylle
  • Grylle
6 years 11 months ago #298909 by Grylle
Hi,

I had changed the path to my media files in the global configuration of Joomla. This caused CB to fail. Nothing in the logs, although I changed the logging to Global Configuration >> Server tab >> Error Reporting >> Maximum.

When I re-arranged my folders, and updated my path in global configuration >> media >> path to...files/folders I didn't get *this*, most recent, problem.

This I regard as a bug. The path is hard-coded somewhere??

Moderators: beatnantkrileon