Skip to Content Skip to Menu

6 years 8 months ago #301513 by hawkeyedesign
Avatar - access denied was created by hawkeyedesign
I'm getting error messages in the front-end when trying to select a gallery or uploaded avatar, is this a common issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301538 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Avatar - access denied
You need to provide the error message. CB Gallery can be protected by CB Privacy so if you have CB Privacy installed and the necessary system actions in CB Auto Actions published it could be privacy blocking it if it's not your gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #301549 by hawkeyedesign
Replied by hawkeyedesign on topic Avatar - access denied
The error message is just: 'Error - Access Denied'.

We don't have CB Gallery or CB Auto Actions installed on the site.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301553 by krileon

The error message is just: 'Error - Access Denied'.

Where and when is it saying this? When navigating to profile edit? When trying to save your profile? Please, you need to be specific.

We don't have CB Gallery or CB Auto Actions installed on the site.

Ah, you're referring to the image gallery of an image field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #301556 by hawkeyedesign
Replied by hawkeyedesign on topic Avatar - access denied
Sorry - please see below for better explanation:

1. We have enabled 'avatar' on the profile edit screen
2. When a user goes to edit their avatar, they can select from 4 options (No change of image / upload new image / select from gallery / remove image)
3. When selecting a new image (either uploaded or from gallery) and clicking 'Update' - the error message appears at the top saying 'Error - Access Denied'.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301562 by krileon
Sounds like it's mod_security or Joomla access permission issue. Contact your host and see if mod_security is enabled and if it is have them check the logs or if you can check your server logs to see if mod_security logged an exception there. If no mod_security issues I'm not sure what to suggest since the Access Denied error in Joomla appears to only apply to the authentication (login) workflows; if you've two-factor authentication enabled try disabling it as maybe the authentication check there is causing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon