Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Adding modules to user profile page

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301514 by hawkeyedesign
[SOLVED] Adding modules to user profile page was created by hawkeyedesign
We have a menu item setup for the user profile / user profile edit pages, however when browsing via Kunena and clicking a username, we're taken to a page with URL: /component/comprofiler/userprofile/ with no modules.

Is it possible to add modules to this page (menu / banner etc)?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301539 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Adding modules to user profile page
You need to create a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. This will allow it to properly SEF profile URLs as well as let you assign modules to that menu item.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #301542 by hawkeyedesign
Replied by hawkeyedesign on topic Adding modules to user profile page
Thanks - I've given that a try but no luck. The issue is that we can't have the pages set to 'public' for the actual profile.

We currently have:

Public menu item: User Profile
Community menu item: User Profile (the modules etc are working on here)

The problem is the non-SEF link that seems to only be accessible via Kunena

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301552 by krileon
The menu item must be public. It doesn't have to be on a menu module that's accessible (e.g. can be on a hidden menutype with no menu module). Profile access is controlled with the "Profile View Access Level" parameter in CB > Configuration > User Profile and not by the menu item. As for Kunena ensure you've enabled its CB integration within Kunena > Plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #301557 by hawkeyedesign
Replied by hawkeyedesign on topic Adding modules to user profile page
Still no luck - whatever happens when I click on the username i get taken to a page with the URL of /component/comprofiler/userprofile.html?Itemid=1380 with no way to specify which modules appear on that page. We have a separate profile page added (now set as public) which works fine so I'm not sure why there are now two versions.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301563 by krileon
It's trying to use whatever menu item is associated with the ID of 1380. Suggest checking what that menu item is. Does this happen for all username links in Kunena or just the sidebar when viewing a topic? If just the sidebar see if you're overriding the sidebar within CB Forums and if so try emptying it to allow default sidebar output. Aside from that I don't know as this all works fine in my tests and should only require that "Kunena - Community Builder Integration" is published in Components > Kunena Forum > Plugins.

It sounds like the URLs maybe being rewritten from Joomla _user component to CB by our system plugin due to Kunena not being configured to integration with CB. If the Kunena CB plugin is already published then edit it and ensure all parameters under Basic are set to Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon