Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Activity stream via joomla menu restrictions?

• some1new
  • some1new
6 years 7 months ago #302428 by some1new
Can I restrict a CB Activity Stream within a Joomla Menu to some specific Actions I defined in the plugin?

I just want to display sóme type of defined actions within this stream.

Maybe this can be done by the "asset" value in the link but I'm not sure how to use this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302431 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity stream via joomla menu restrictions?
What activity a stream displays is entirely based off the Asset. You can use a custom asset so the stream only displays activity with that asset then set your create access to a restricted view access level for example to have a completely custom stream.

Note that profile streams display all activity based off asset and based off owner and recent activity displays all activity. There is no exclude asset feature yet so you can't exclude an asset from either of those streams.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• some1new
  • some1new
6 years 7 months ago #302435 by some1new
Replied by some1new on topic Activity stream via joomla menu restrictions?
Is there any further information paper that describes how to use the asset value in the settingss of the menu link.

f.e placeholders, variables?

The only short description sentence does not really explain a lot

• some1new
  • some1new
6 years 7 months ago #302453 by some1new
Try to understand the logic:

can I put in a value here to filter this activity link to only actvities caused by actions or maybe even one action?

For Example: show only activities from all users containing "feeling"?
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302478 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity stream via joomla menu restrictions?

Is there any further information paper that describes how to use the asset value in the settingss of the menu link.

No, the parameter description goes into detail on how to use it with several examples.

The only short description sentence does not really explain a lot

It's a paragraph description. I thought I did quite well with that one, lol.

can I put in a value here to filter this activity link to only actvities caused by actions or maybe even one action?

If you set the asset to "testing" it will show activity that has an asset of "testing". Review activity within CB Activity > Activity and you'll see each has its own asset. This determines the location of that activity.

For Example: show only activities from all users containing "feeling"?

No. It's not a filter. There is no way to do that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• some1new
  • some1new
6 years 7 months ago #302487 by some1new
ok,

so it seems to be a good idea to make such filtering a feature request :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon