Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] On site Activity Notification when new user is created from backend ?

• cbertrand
  • cbertrand
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303344 by cbertrand
Hi,

I want to have an on site notification when I create a new user from backend.

I figured I should use Auto Actions for that.

In the preloaded System Actions, there is a "CB Activity / Profile - Register" auto action already.

But what should I add to this action to have a notification when for exemple superuser or moderator adds a new user from backend ?

Questions :

1/ First, I thought of adding in the Triggers : "OnAfterUserProfileSaved" ==> is it correct ? or should I put something else ?

2/ Also, in the Conditions Tab : should I add a new Value (preloaded, there are only [approved] and [confirmed]) ? and if yes, which one(s) ?

Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303356 by krileon
Who are you trying to send the notification to?

1/ First, I thought of adding in the Triggers : "OnAfterUserProfileSaved" ==> is it correct ? or should I put something else ?

Backend user create trigger is onAfterNewUser.

2/ Also, in the Conditions Tab : should I add a new Value (preloaded, there are only [approved] and [confirmed]) ? and if yes, which one(s) ?

What conditions you need are entirely up to you. If you want it ignoring unapproved and unconfirmed users then sure you could check those.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cbertrand
  • cbertrand
6 years 6 months ago #303366 by cbertrand
thanks a lot for the Trigger.
Indeed, it works well as new user creation logged an new entry in the Activity Stream.

But, is there also a way to have a notification on the On Site Notification (see capture) ?
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303371 by krileon
Yes, create a notification instead of an activity entry. In your CB Activity auto action simply set Mode to Notifications and Method to Create to create a notification.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cbertrand
  • cbertrand
6 years 6 months ago #303373 by cbertrand
I just tried exactly what you said.
Unfortunately, it did not create any Notification.
Maybe I am missing something else, but don't know what ?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303375 by krileon
Read the parameters carefully as you need to supply a user id for the owner of the notification (who is sending it) and the recipient user (who is receiving it). See existing notification system actions for some examples.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon