Skip to Content Skip to Menu

how to create tip for field without use html field?

• saman2
  • saman2
6 years 3 months ago #305700 by saman2
hi.
i want show tip for some registration field but how to do that with out use html field?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305716 by krileon
Add a description to your field and it'll display when the user hovers over the field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• saman2
  • saman2
6 years 3 months ago #305727 by saman2
i want add description for progress field but that is not show...why?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305735 by krileon
Progress fields don't have an input so there's nothing to bind the description tooltip to. You'll have to change the icon display to show the info icon or info text under Parameters > Layout. You can also just add your description directly to one of the layouts (e.g. Profile Edit Value Layout). Example as follows.

Profile Edit Value Layout:
Code:
<div>[value]</div> <div>This is my description.</div>

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• saman2
  • saman2
6 years 3 months ago #305744 by saman2
thank you kyle it is work.
but i want to know is it possible to show this field other than Profile Edit?
for example i want have a module or other thing to show only this field in main page of my site.for example we have a module that show online members...is there any way to show only this field in some joomla menu with this field's description? if it need separate topic say me to create new.
thank you kyle...

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305747 by krileon
You can display it anywhere you like using substitutions where substitutions are parsed. So for example in CB Content Module you'd just substitute in the HTML output of the field (e.g. [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]). See the below substitutions tutorial for further substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

As for the description being in profile view and other locations just use the same as layout provided above in "Profile Value Layout" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon