Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Conditionals on GroupJive About

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #307761 by jeroen aalders
[SOLVED] CB Conditionals on GroupJive About was created by jeroen aalders
On the GroupJive 'About' tab, I have tried to put some HTML with CB Conditional statements. This works fine inh a Joomla article but,, in the 'About' of GJ, it fails to work.

Is there a way to activate this, so the 'About' field shows only the correct information, according to the conditionals?
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 weeks ago #307767 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditionals on GroupJive About
CB Conditional statements? CB Conditional is for adding conditions to tabs and fields. Do you mean substitutions? Substitutions are not enabled in the CB GroupJive About tab by default; you need to navigate to CB > Plugin Management > CB GroupJive About > Parameters and enable substitutions for it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 weeks ago #307790 by jeroen aalders
Replied by jeroen aalders on topic CB Conditionals on GroupJive About
Got it. Whoops on the wrong terminology. Valid point.

Your solution worked, so thanks a lot for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 2 weeks ago #307796 by jeroen aalders
Can we also enable substitutions on CB events? I see that is has Content Plugins but not Substitutions?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 weeks ago #307798 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditionals on GroupJive About
No, not directly at least. You'd need to enable content plugins then use CB Content Bot which is a Joomla content plugin for enabling substitutions where content.prepare is used. With both of those substitutions should work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #307807 by jeroen aalders
Thanks, I am able to use it as I wish now...just 3 more questions:

1. how can I increase the number of lines above the 'See more' link on the events tab?
2. how do you suggest that I list an overview of all the events on an 'Events' article linking each one to the corresponding Groupjive group and -events tab or even -event?
3. is there a way to display a my events on a CB tab or is this configured elsewhere in the user profile?
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by jeroen aalders.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon