Skip to Content Skip to Menu

jos-Error: COM_CONTENT_ERROR_ARTICLE_NOT_FOUND

• kommid
  • kommid
6 years 3 days ago #308053 by kommid
Hi,
I use Community Builder 2.2.1+build.2018.10.16.19.32.44.38e6b06fc with Joomla 3.8.13. Everything works quite fine except my registration page. I set up a menu item with the type Community Builder -> registration form but when I click on it in my frontend, I get an unstyled page with an error: jos-Error: COM_CONTENT_ERROR_ARTICLE_NOT_FOUND
Any idea, what could be wrong here?
Regards
Markus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 days ago #308057 by krileon
Looks like that's an error Joomla throws when trying to access a Joomla article that doesn't exist. No idea why registration would be throwing that. Are you sure your Joomla menu item is correct? Try navigating to the below directly (add it after your domain).

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=registers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kommid
  • kommid
6 years 2 days ago #308069 by kommid
Hello Kyle,
thank you for your reply. I have solved the problem now. It was connected to the multilingual setup of the site: It seems, the home menu item of one language was the first, initial home menu item of the site and the dummy menu item for all languages that is required for Joomla was a new one. I swapped them and now it works. I didn't realize, that I must use exactly this home menu item as a dummy home for all languages...
Regards,
Markus

• kommid
  • kommid
6 years 2 days ago - 6 years 2 days ago #308072 by kommid

kommid wrote: Hello Kyle,
[strike]thank you for your reply. I have solved the problem now. It was connected to the multilingual setup of the site: It seems, the home menu item of one language was the first, initial home menu item of the site and the dummy menu item for all languages that is required for Joomla was a new one. I swapped them and now it works. I didn't realize, that I must use exactly this home menu item as a dummy home for all languages...[/strike]
Regards,
Markus

I did solve the problem for a few minutes, but now I have exactly the same problem again: The problem must be connected to the three home links I have with two languages. When I disable the language plugins and remove the home link that is associated with all languages, the cb registration works fine.
Last edit: 6 years 2 days ago by kommid.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 days ago #308079 by krileon
For a multilingual setup you typically will need a menu item for each language or have a menu item that's set to all languages. Not sure how it'll behave with a menu item for one language then a second menu item for all languages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kommid
  • kommid
6 years 2 days ago #308083 by kommid
according to the documentation on joomla.org, for two languages three menus are required: docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Setup_a_Multilingual_Site/Creating_menus (bottom of the page), or am I missing anything here?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon