Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to make user profiles public?

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #308186 by goromiloslav
How to make user profiles public? was created by goromiloslav
RE: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/196805-how-to-make-user-profiles-public#308186

Hi. The old topic is up to now. How can I enable public viewing of profile information for some (not for all) of the users in the CB? Thanks.

[MOD EDIT]: Please do not reply to extremely old topics. If brings often very outdated and wrong information to the top of the forums and search results. Simply create a new topic and if you feel the old topic is still relevant then simply link to it in your new topic, thank you.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 11 months ago #308226 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to make user profiles public?
Set "Profile View Access Level" to "Public" within CB > Configuration > User Profile for public profile access. To limit access to some profiles install and publish CB Privacy then utilize its Profile Privacy field to control access to individual profiles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #308232 by goromiloslav
Replied by goromiloslav on topic How to make user profiles public?
Thanks for warning. I activated CB Privacy. In profile administration, I changed to public, but I still do not show profile without logging. Do not you know where the problem might be?
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 11 months ago #308256 by krileon
Ensure your Joomla menu item to CBs profile page is also public. Beyond that the only other thing to check for is to ensure "Profile View Access Level" is set to "Public" within CB > Configuration > User Profile. There's no other checks for profile access except CB Privacy and its Profile Privacy field if is in use.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #308347 by goromiloslav
Replied by goromiloslav on topic How to make user profiles public?
Thanks. However, I only need some profiles to be public. Not all. Now I have about 1500 registered. I need to see about 20 for the public.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 11 months ago #308353 by krileon
You'll need to still use the above method of CB Privacy and its Profile Privacy to do that. Set everyone except those 20 to Private. You should be able to do this by setting the Default for the Profile Privacy field to Private then edit those 20 and set their Profile Privacy to Public. If you don't want users to be able to change this and it's only something you want moderators to change you can set it to Read Only so it's backend edit only or under Integrations > CB Privacy set its edit display to moderators only.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon