Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Field group values

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #310823 by dhananjay_vp
Field group values was created by dhananjay_vp
Hi Team,

Is there any way to store field group values in different table? Currently all field group values are stored in same column with comma separated.

These values very important I want them in different columns. Please suggest a way.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by dhananjay_vp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago #310831 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field group values
No it is not possible to alter a fields storage. CB Field Groups does not store its fields as comma separated. It stores them as JSON.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #310838 by dhananjay_vp
Replied by dhananjay_vp on topic Field group values
Is there any way to copy and insert them in another table and in separate columns?

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago #310839 by krileon
No, why do you need them as separate columns? The field functions entirely using JSON.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #310850 by dhananjay_vp
Replied by dhananjay_vp on topic Field group values
Hi Kyle,

Basically I am designing app for farmers in India and using field group functionality to get various inputs from them. There will be multiple sets of information and field group functionality is serving that purpose. Next step is to providing them some useful analytical insight/info like graphs and charts in the profile page itself (as a diff tab) based on that information.

And I think it will be challenging if the information gets stored in single column that is why I am asking for solution or workaround.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago #310856 by krileon
Shouldn't be an issue to format graphs from the data. Just json_decode the data and it's all there in easily loopable arrays. If you're using MySQL 5.7.8+ you can use the JSON SQL functions to pull the data more specifically directly from the database as well. See the below documentation regarding this. There are no plans to change the storage, sorry.

dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/json-function-reference.html

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon