Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Activity on mobile phone

• Abmago
  • Abmago
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #318231 by Abmago
[SOLVED] CB Activity on mobile phone was created by Abmago
I have 3 problems with CB Activity on the mobile phone (Android):

1) ‘suggestions’ are not shown after choosing an activity; this is a pitty, since the question is visible, but the possible answers not.
2) after choosing an activity it is not clear which text field is connected with the chosen activity (where should I type?). The screen is not user-friendly. This is a pity, since the activity and suggestions are meant to make it easier to start writing your first sentence. But now activities are confusing the user…
3) saving after editing gives errors (a lot of code on the screen)

The problems are only on mobile phone; PC works fine. Is it possible to solve this?
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318245 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity on mobile phone

1) ‘suggestions’ are not shown after choosing an activity; this is a pitty, since the question is visible, but the possible answers not.

What do you mean they're not shown? They're scrolled out of view or just flat out not working after selecting the input? This seams to be working fine in my tests.

2) after choosing an activity it is not clear which text field is connected with the chosen activity (where should I type?). The screen is not user-friendly. This is a pity, since the activity and suggestions are meant to make it easier to start writing your first sentence. But now activities are confusing the user…

The label is suppressed as there isn't enough room, but it shouldn't be necessary due to placeholder text. Are you also not seeing the placeholder text? For example selecting "Feeling" should have a placeholder text of "How are you feeling?". At any rate will see if this can be improved further, but space is very limited on mobile.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7977

3) saving after editing gives errors (a lot of code on the screen)

That typically means something broke the JS. Will move the JS links away from href and use an attribute to try and avoid this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7978

What mobile device are you using? What browser on your mobile device? Have you tried a different browser? Have you retried with Joomla protostar template and Joomla cache cleared to rule out template conflicts?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Abmago
  • Abmago
4 years 5 months ago #318261 by Abmago
Replied by Abmago on topic CB Activity on mobile phone
Reaction with respect to suggestions:

The suggestions are hidden. When I scroll I can see the messages, but there appears no dropdown, like in the PC modus.

• Abmago
  • Abmago
4 years 5 months ago #318262 by Abmago
With respect to user friendlyness of mobile display.

I am glad that you want to improve this! I would suggest to skip the general field 'where do you think about' in case the user chooses an activity. The general field is no longer usefull and is even confusing.

When you skip the general field, there is place enough for:

1) showing the chosen activity (just one line)
2) showing the question BELOW the suggestion (just one line)
3) showing dropdown with suggstion

After the dropdown choice show:

1) again the chosen activity
2) the chosen suggestion
3) an empty text field for typing additional text.

• Abmago
  • Abmago
4 years 5 months ago #318263 by Abmago
With respect to the errors:

What mobile device are you using?

- Samsung J3

What browser on your mobile device?
- Chrome

Have you tried a different browser?
- Yes, the Samsung browser shows the same errors

Have you retried with Joomla protostar template and Joomla cache cleared to rule out template conflicts?
- After clearing cache the same error appears

Extra: errors appear only after changing the activity and than saving.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #318274 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity on mobile phone

The suggestions are hidden. When I scroll I can see the messages, but there appears no dropdown, like in the PC modus.

It maybe due to the event it's using to determine if it should open autocomplete. If you start inputting something does it start trying to autocomplete with a suggestion? Have added a feature ticket to review adding additional events to cause the autocomplete to open.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7984

I am glad that you want to improve this! I would suggest to skip the general field 'where do you think about' in case the user chooses an activity. The general field is no longer usefull and is even confusing.

The "What's on your mind?" field is the primary field they are meant to be using to make a post. Actions are secondary to that. You can make an Action Only post, but that's not the primary feature of posts. There are no plans to change that functionality as it's the same for other social platforms which CB Activity tries to model after within reason. If you only ever want it to be 1 line height you can do that using CSS, but I don't recommend it. Have added an additional feature ticket to review additional ways to improve this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7983

In regards to your errors. You're not seeing that on desktop? Only mobile? I can't think of any reason why it would only impact mobile unless again something is causing a fatal JS error on your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon