Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Activities in GroupJive in private Groups

• LukyPunco
  • LukyPunco
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #323037 by LukyPunco
Hello,

I have created a group where users can apply (it should be a private group), but an admin has to activate the user. So far so good, but then a user publishes an activity or a picture in the gallery in the group and these entries are visible to everyone, but they should only be visible to group members.

There are photos and videos in the group - there I can determine whether a picture or video is public or only visible to group members. But how do I get it with activities?

I've already considered removing the gallery from the groups - how can I do it? I don't need the gallery in groups because there are menu items for photos and videos.

Ludwig
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323041 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activities in GroupJive in private Groups
Activity attached to a group should only be visible to users with access to that group. What group type are you using specifically? Only Invite types are actually private.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• LukyPunco
  • LukyPunco
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #323046 by LukyPunco
Replied by LukyPunco on topic Activities in GroupJive in private Groups
Group type invitation

Nevertheless, the activity of the group member is displayed in a list on the start page (list of the activities of all users with public activities).

So that it can be seen better (is currently still a test), here is the website and the data of a test user:

[REMOVED]

The Group: "Nein zu Zwangstests"

EDIT: I noticed that on the Joomlapolis demo page there is an access group for the activities that is not on my website: User - if I select this from you, the activity is no longer displayed after logging out!
Where can I add this? I am sending a picture so you can see what I mean.

However, it doesn't solve the problem because all registered users can see the activity.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by krileon.

• LukyPunco
  • LukyPunco
3 years 8 months ago #323053 by LukyPunco
Can you help me??

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activities in GroupJive in private Groups
Please do not post login credentials here. I've removed them in your post. Please change the password of that account. The forums are public and are indexed by search engines.

Nevertheless, the activity of the group member is displayed in a list on the start page (list of the activities of all users with public activities).

Activity in invite groups should not be visible to anyone other than those who have access to that group. This would be the following.

Group Owner
Group Members
CB Moderators

Be sure you do not have CB Moderators incorrectly configured within CB > Configuration > Moderation. Specifically "Moderators View Access Level" should be set very strict. If it's set to something like Public or Registered then all your users are CB Moderators and is why they can see activity they otherwise normally wouldn't.

Below are screenshots of this working perfectly fine.

Logged In

Logged Out

Notice the 2 activity entries for the INVITE ONLY group are not visible when logged out.

Where can I add this? I am sending a picture so you can see what I mean.

That's CB Privacy with the privacy system actions enabled for activity in CB Activity > System Actions. Ensure both plugins are installed, published, and public access then in CB Activity > System Actions publish the following.

CB Activity - Privacy - New
CB Activity - Privacy - Edit
CB Activity - Privacy - Save
CB Activity - Privacy - Authorized

Can you help me??

I'm not here 24/7. Please be patient. See my signature for support hours.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• LukyPunco
  • LukyPunco
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #323066 by LukyPunco

krileon wrote: Activity in invite groups should not be visible to anyone other than those who have access to that group. This would be the following.

Unfortunately, after logging out, the group activity is visible to everyone, only the name of the group disappears (as in the picture):

Group with activity (logged in)

Activity visible on the home page after logging out

Be sure you do not have CB Moderators incorrectly configured within CB > Configuration > Moderation. Specifically "Moderators View Access Level" should be set very strict. If it's set to something like Public or Registered then all your users are CB Moderators and is why they can see activity they otherwise normally wouldn't.

As with the demo on Joomlapolis, I set the "Moderators View Access Level" to "Moderator" under Moderation. Moderators include managers, moderators, super users.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by LukyPunco.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon