Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Field modification moderation

• jabba84
  • jabba84
3 years 5 months ago #324878 by jabba84
Field modification moderation was created by jabba84
Hello! I've take a look at documentation but can't find the specific section. How can i moderate fields of users when they change them after registration?
Like they register with a name then decide to change the name later in their profile, the users can do it but i need the admins (or moderators) to receive a mail and then approve the modification.
Is this possibile? How?
Thank you

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324893 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field modification moderation
There is no individual field moderation except for image fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabba84
  • jabba84
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #324899 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Field modification moderation
Ouch, really hope to have one. Is possibile to have at least a mail notification when a user update his profile?

EDIT: ahhh yes, i can do it with this www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-profile-update-logger ,right?

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by jabba84.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324900 by krileon
Yes, you can use CB Profile Update Logger to be notified of profile changes or use CB Auto Actions with the following usage.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1_FIELD_NAME]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: [var3_FIELD_NAME]

Replace FIELD_NAME with the name of the field you want to check if is changed. You can use whatever action type you like, but in this case you'd just use Email type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabba84
  • jabba84
3 years 5 months ago #324908 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Field modification moderation
Nice, thank you. In your opinion is better to use CB profile updater or Auto actions?
Does the CB profile updater write in the mail the old and the new values or just tell moderators "user X has changed something"?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324913 by krileon

Nice, thank you. In your opinion is better to use CB profile updater or Auto actions?

It's easier to use CB Profile Update Logger as it has minimal configuration. Auto Actions is more complicated and requires an auto action per-field that you want to monitor for changes.

Does the CB profile updater write in the mail the old and the new values or just tell moderators "user X has changed something"?

The email includes what was changed. Email is a language string so can be overridden as well to customize it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon