Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Link audio file with image

• robintr3
  • robintr3
2 years 8 months ago #328572 by robintr3
Link audio file with image was created by robintr3
Hello,

Is there a way of either linking a photo image with an audio file (see attachment) or replacing the default audio file "speaker icon" with a customizable image?

I'm working with CommunityBuilder 2.7.1 in Joomla 3.10.6

Thank you all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328581 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Link audio file with image
Edit that media entry and you'll see a Thumbnail file field to upload a thumbnail image for it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• robintr3
  • robintr3
2 years 8 months ago #328590 by robintr3
Replied by robintr3 on topic Link audio file with image
Thanks for the quick response - but when editing the media within CB Gallery, I do not see anywhere to upload a thumbnail image. I've attached two screen shots. The 1st one is the edit option. The 2nd image shows what's displayed after clicking the edit button. Am I not viewing the correct items?

Thank you again for your assistance. It's greatly appreciated.

• activha
  • activha
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #328595 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Link audio file with image
It seems like I have the same issue with video files from vimeo and also with gallery albums.
There is no thumbnail field to add an image and the thumbnail is no longer automatically generated.

Maybe an issue with CB Gallery ?

see activ-ha.com/pages/10-activateurs/47-informations on media tab
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by activha.

• robintr3
  • robintr3
2 years 7 months ago #328596 by robintr3
Replied by robintr3 on topic Link audio file with image
Thanks for your response. I assume this option used to be available? Is this something that I need to request as a new feature in a future release?

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328600 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Link audio file with image
Thumbnail uploads are supposed to be available for Music media type as well, but looks like it's limited to only Files type. So looks like a bug that'll need fixed. Video and Photo types do not allow thumbnail uploads though and that is intentional. Am working on a fix for this for music media type.

There is no thumbnail field to add an image and the thumbnail is no longer automatically generated.

That is an entirely different issue. Generated thumbnails absolutely should be working and still do in my tests (just tested Vimeo and YouTube). Please edit and re-save your video as it may have never had a generated thumbnail to begin with. Please create a separate support topic if your issue continues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon