Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Community Builder Login module visible while disabled

1 year 4 months ago #334136 by pjfroelofs
We use the Community Builder Login module only on our homepage for login / new account purposes.
After logging in, the rest of the website gets visible (everything is member only).

The Community Builder Login module is assigned only to the mainmenu item ‘home’.
After migration from J3 to J4 it is now also visible in a column next to the member profiles.

How do we disable this module apart from our homepage?
Please advise
Regards, Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 4 months ago #334138 by krileon
CB doesn't render the login module inline anywhere except registration if that's turned on. If it's showing in the sidebar then Joomla is doing it via module menu assignment. Suggest editing the module and check what menu items it's assigned to as CB has no control over this behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #334142 by pjfroelofs
Thank you for your swift reply.
As you can see, the module is only published on the homepage, but is somehow also visible at the 'bewoners' page.

When we disable the module, then is disappears everywhere.
But we need it of course at the homepage.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 4 months ago #334144 by krileon
CB has no control over this behavior. Joomla decides where to render modules exclusively by Itemid in the URL which is the menu item for the current page. The only exception is CBs registration page where we've an option to render the login module there. Maybe it's a feature in your Joomla template? Sorry, I don't know what else to suggest, but CB is not capable of causing this issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #334149 by pjfroelofs
Thank you for your reply.

It remains a mistery for now.
Apart from the home page, the login module is not visible.
Even on the member overview page.

And then, when selecting a member profile.
The module gets visible....

If you have any suggestions, let me know.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 4 months ago #334150 by krileon
Please PM backend super user login credentials (see link in signature) and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon