Skip to Content Skip to Menu

back to the article after login

• dmolina
  • dmolina
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #334492 by dmolina
back to the article after login was created by dmolina
Hi, is it possible to return to the article where you were before logging into the web, adding some parameter in the "Login Redirection URL" field,of the cb login module?
Thanks!

Joomla 4.3.2
CB 2.8.0
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by dmolina. Reason: bad subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334498 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic back to the article after login
Leave login redirect url parameter empty in your login module and it should return them to where they came from. If it's not doing this already be sure CBs system plugin in Extensions > Plugins is published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dmolina
  • dmolina
1 year 2 months ago #334509 by dmolina
Replied by dmolina on topic back to the article after login
Morning!

We have the plugin enabled, the problem is that we use a template from our theme (Yootheme) to layout the pages and it does not know how to read the original link to the article, with the "return" variable, it simply returns the link to the article so there is no way to go through the login and return to the article later.

That is why we are thinking of an alternative, such as using the "redirect url after login" field of the module....
Any help will be welcome! :-)

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334517 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic back to the article after login
The redirect url parameter will always redirect them to that supplied URL. I'm not sure I understand your issue regarding the return value. We use whatever Joomla gives us for that so there's nothing we can really do there. 3rd party extensions are also supported by setting &return in the URL when they redirect to Joomla's login page. Is it going to the wrong page? Does this work fine with Joomla's default template?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #334955 by quantumgravity
Replied by quantumgravity on topic back to the article after login
Hi,

I'm curious if dmolina ever found a solution to this with a Yootheme template?  Our goal is to have a user click a registered link, say in an email, and be directed to the website at that link's URL.  After logging in, they would go to that URL.  

The way it works now is that you click on the link and are directed to the home page, but the correct link still shows in the browser address bar.  After logging in, it stays on the home page.  It's not a big deal, I guess, because the user can just click the emailed link again after logging in.  But it'd be nice if they didn't have to.

We do have the redirect URL parameter empty in the login module and the system plugin is enabled with redirect and rewrite parameters also enabled.

Thanks!

• dmolina
  • dmolina
1 year 1 month ago #334956 by dmolina
Replied by dmolina on topic back to the article after login
Hello everyone, sorry for the break, I had a pending vacation :-)

It is clearly a problem with the Yootheme template, its Joomla field mapper does not support the return url, or something like that, from what I understand...
So for now we have had to stop using that feature on the new website, with our client surprised that one thing that their users could do before, now they can't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: quantumgravity

Moderators: beatnantkrileon