Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Photo comment bug

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #339079 by fioresns
Photo comment bug was created by fioresns
Hello, Idk if it's related with the update (now I have CB 2.9.3, on Joomla 5).
I noticed that from friday 6th september I can no longer ad comments on photos.
When I upload a photo, I click on it to comment. In the field What do you think? I can write what I want, but the moment I click on Post nothing happens.
I tried many times, with different users, different pics, since friday. It doesn't let me insert stickers or emoji either (they don't show).
If I click on the 3 dots and choose Edit, I can insert comments in the Description field, but the moment I click on Update Photo, I often get a code window (see attached).
If I go back, it says Photo saved successfully!, and indeed it is saved.
I someone having the same issue?

Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by fioresns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago #339085 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Photo comment bug
Please be sure you've latest build releases of plugins installed.

That typically means something in Joomla is interfering with the output buffer and appending things to responses so it's breaking our JSON response, which is why you're seeing the JSON string. 3rd party system plugins are typically the culprit of such issues. I've retested photo commenting and seams to be working fine still. There does appear to be a deprecation notice in CB Gallery when pulling external media, but that wouldn't cause any sort of description saving issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 1 week ago #339086 by fioresns
Replied by fioresns on topic Photo comment bug
I'll make some testing and then report

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 1 week ago #339088 by fioresns
Replied by fioresns on topic Photo comment bug
I updated every plugin, but nothing seems to change.
I noticed another photo-related misbehaviour: if, in a normal post, I insert a photo, it won't let me insert stickers nor emoji. Even if I delete the photo before posting, it still won't show pictures or emoji. I can only see an empty area (pic attached).  
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago #339090 by krileon
I'm unable to confirm your issues across multiple installs. Seams you've a conflict of some sort. Please PM backend (see link in forum signature below) super user login credentials and will review your install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #339099 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and CB Activity and CB Gallery are being blocked by something in Joomla throwing a 401 error with the JERROR_ALERTNOAUTHOR error message. Basically the CB Gallery and CB Activity endpoints themselves aren't reachable at all due to this.

This appears to be due to menu configuration issues in Joomla itself. For example your English home page throws a 401 and outputs "You don't have permission to access this. Please contact a website administrator if this is incorrect.".

Reviewing this further your English home page is to Joomla article with an id of 8. This article was set to Guest access. While logged in you are no longer a guest. The result is the home page is no longer accessible while logged in. I've changed the article to Public resolving the home page issue. You may want to review your other menu items as well to ensure things are properly accessible.

As for the next issue CB Gallery entries aren't meant to be commented on before the post is made. The activity object they're meant to reference doesn't exist yet so it'll throw a permissions error. I'll need to review ensuring commenting properly hides when accessing its modal window during the posting process. If you upload, click Post, then comment on the photo it will work as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon