Skip to Content Skip to Menu

customize email notifications

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 week 4 days ago #339348 by uwe2023
customize email notifications was created by uwe2023
Hi, how can I customize the email-notifications? Best regards Uwe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 week 4 days ago #339349 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic customize email notifications
Can you be more specific regarding what email you want to customize? In most cases you should be able to just override the emails language string using the language overrides feature below to change the email to whatever you like.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 week 3 days ago #339350 by uwe2023
Replied by uwe2023 on topic customize email notifications
Hi Kyle,
I know about the language overrides. But I want to customize the look & feel of the mail notifications, e.g. add the logo...aso
Attached a file like it looks now.

Best regards Uwe
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
1 week 3 days ago #339353 by krileon
I've no idea what email you're wanting to customize, can you be more specific? Adding HTML to emails is extremely tricky. You have to use inline CSS and limited HTML (often a bunch of nested tables). This still would just be a matter of overriding that emails language string to add whatever HTML you're wanting though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 week 3 days ago #339354 by uwe2023
Replied by uwe2023 on topic customize email notifications
Hi Kyle,

3 or 4 years ago I made an extranet for the clients of a company I am working for. I made this with Easysocial. In ES they integrated  email templates for different types of automatical notifications to the clients. This was a useful feature, because the notifications had the ci of the company. Attached there is an example of such a notification.

I just want to have a bit of our ci in email notifications which will be received by clients. Sorry, I saw now that the screenshot I attached yesterday was just a system notification ot the plugin CB Profile Update Logger. For system notification just for admins its not necessary to have it in html. But for clients its necessary ..
Best regards Uwe

• krileon
  • krileon
1 week 3 days ago #339357 by krileon

3 or 4 years ago I made an extranet for the clients of a company I am working for. I made this with Easysocial. In ES they integrated email templates for different types of automatical notifications to the clients. This was a useful feature, because the notifications had the ci of the company. Attached there is an example of such a notification.

With CB 3.x we'll be switching emails over to entirely using Joomla's email template system so I imagine that'll make things a bit easier.

I just want to have a bit of our ci in email notifications which will be received by clients. Sorry, I saw now that the screenshot I attached yesterday was just a system notification ot the plugin CB Profile Update Logger. For system notification just for admins its not necessary to have it in html. But for clients its necessary ..

What exactly do you want to be in HTML? The cb_about? That's meant to tell you what a fields value changed to. Processing user HTML in client emails would be dangerous so that's never going to be allowed.

If you want to add your own HTML to the email itself to make it look nicer then you again should be able to just override the emails language string. Our language overrides feature comes with a built in search functionality to help find strings. I believe that email body has the below language key.

CBUSERFIELD_FIELDFORMATNAME_USEREDITEDBYID_REASONL_41aa0a

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon