Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Messages not arriving?

15 years 9 months ago #84739 by transmanaz
Messages not arriving? was created by transmanaz
Hi,
I've been using uddeIM on 2 sites. One has been a site up for about 3 months, and have had no problem receiving mails within the joomla site. Just installed the 2nd site about 2 weeks ago. Both are having this problem now.

I receive a message in my regular email that a message has been received in my Private Messages. I log into the site, but find NO message waiting in my Inbox.

Both sites are running Joomla 1.5 in legacy, with Community Builder 1.1. Currently using uddeIM 1.4 (will upgrade if this will solve the problem). I don't have pop-up notifications enabled. I have it set to notify of messages when offline only.

Where are these messages? Why are they not in the inbox? What can I do to solve?

Thanks! :ohmy:

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 9 months ago #84742 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Messages not arriving?
Do you have UNREAD messages in your inbox? If so these messages are the "forgetmenot" reminders.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 9 months ago #84745 by transmanaz
Replied by transmanaz on topic Re:Messages not arriving?
I have NO messages in my inbox. At all. Nada. None. :side:

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 9 months ago #84750 by slabbi
Have anybody send you a message (a notification is sent) and recalled this message? In that case you have received a notification but have no message in the inbox.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 9 months ago #84751 by transmanaz
Replied by transmanaz on topic Re:Messages not arriving?
Nope, I asked them both. This is happening to all of us, not just me. We're all able to send messages, but no one receives them in their Inbox.

Like I said, it WAS working on the site that's been up for a few months, but just stopped suddenly.

Could it have something to do with a server upgrade possibly? I don't see anything that has changed, it's still PHP 5.2.6, mySQL 5.0.51, can't see anything else that may have changed, but I could ask my web admin if you think this might be what happened.

Weird, huh?

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 9 months ago #84752 by slabbi
I do not understand your problem.
First you wrote that you receive a notification but there is no message in your inbox, then you write that notfications have never been send.

Can you explain step by step, what you are doing, what your are receiving (or expect to receive), what is stored in your database. When the suspect message is there dump this row here.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon