Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Prorated subscription signup skips payment

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 6 months ago #243988 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Prorated subscription signup skips payment

However, after cancelling your registration and go back to repeat the registration process, it still completes the registration without payment.

Is the plan selection still available on registration when going back and is the plan selected? When you cancel during registration the users registration is actually already completed, but blocked and they'll be asked to subscribe on login if a subscription is required.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zen
  • zen
10 years 6 months ago #243993 by zen
Yes it is - I have two plans to select from and the default plan is always selected.

User account does not get created in the first time of registration & cancellation. Only on the second time around after you click Register it goes to "Registration Complete" and user email gets sent, but no payment process kicks in.

• zen
  • zen
10 years 6 months ago #244022 by zen
I just tested one more thing.

Under the subscription plan in question, I changed the option "User Email Confirmation" from the CB default (confirm email before activated) to "Yes, after payment (override CB)".

After cancelling your first registration process and go back to the registration page to register again, it still lets you complete your registration without payment and the confirmation email gets sent.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #244028 by krileon
The user is already created by time they get to the payment basket. CBSubs can't function without the user already exist as it uses their user data. When you're cancelling the basket it's not deleting the user or anything of the sort. You'll notice the user will be in CB > User Management and will be Disabled (blocked).

When you attempt to register with the same credentials it'll throw "You are already registered with this username and password.". Since confirmation is being used CB will re-send the confirmation email. CB does this on re-registration or login attempt when confirmation is enabled and the user is unconfirmed. This is normal behavior.

Now, since your CBSubs is set to not allow registration without a subscription they will be permanently Disabled (blocked) until they obtain a subscription. Payment is not being skipped though. They are not being given a subscription to the plan for free or anything of the sort.

In this case even if they confirm their first login attempt will block them again as they have no subscription. We'll be improving this workflow further with future releases though, but for now it's behaving as intended.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by krileon.

• zen
  • zen
10 years 6 months ago #244030 by zen
Thanks for the clarification, Kyle.

The only foreseeable caveat of how this current workflow takes place in my particular case, is that once the user registration is completed without the payment processed, I cannot make the user go through the payment process again (when the user attempts to log in, it simply shows "you need subscription").

Unless I can make adjustments in the current CBSubs configuration to force this to happen, I will wait for the next CBSubs release to see this workflow improved.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 6 months ago #244076 by krileon

I cannot make the user go through the payment process again (when the user attempts to log in, it simply shows "you need subscription").

Ensure you've a plan that allows upgrades. A registered user purchasing a plan is always considered an Upgrade.

I will wait for the next CBSubs release to see this workflow improved.

Next release will be a quick 3.0.1 to fix bugs. After that we'll have a feature release, but I can make no promises as to what will be in it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon