Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Folder Access Integration Not Working

• ejde
  • ejde
8 years 6 months ago #280278 by ejde
None of the functionality this plugin is supposed to bring is working.
Using the most current version of everything on a new install...

Joomla 3.5.1
CB 2.0.14
CBSubs 4.0.2
CB Subs Folder Access 4.0.2
PHP Version 5.4.45

I have tried protecting both through the Joomla relative parent directory and the absolute path. The Joomla check says the directory is writeable. The absolute path says the path doesn't exist, although it definitely does.

Is this a bug?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ejde
  • ejde
8 years 6 months ago #280363 by ejde
Replied by ejde on topic Folder Access Integration Not Working
Let me rephrase, so hopefully someone can help.

I am trying to protect a directory with a CBSubs plan using the CBSubs Folder Access integration plug-in. Everything appears to be set on the back end, but when I look at the .htpasswds folder, it's empty. The plug-in is not making any entries. Furthermore, the directory I am trying to protect is still accessible, and I do not see my Login Access message - it just works like it normally would without directory protection.

I need this functionality to work for our application, so I'm hoping someone on the dev team can give it a look.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 4 months ago #282014 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Folder Access Integration Not Working
It does not protect the directory until first login attempt or first subscription. It also can't fill the password out until the user logs in or at time of registration as those are the only times the password is plaintext. So after subscribing a relogin is mandatory for them to be granted access.

Your paths should begin with a / which will be from Joomla root. Example as follows.

/images/subscriber/media

The path should always be absolute.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #284590 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic Folder Access Integration Not Working
Having similar problem, folder access plugin for CB Subs not working.
CB Subs 4.0.2
Joomla 3.6.3
Apache Version 2.4.18
PHP Version 5.6.20
MySQL Version 5.6.31

no .htaccess file created in the directory I'm trying to protect and no passwords stored in the .htpasswds

trying to protect a folder directly under the Joomla root, tried both absolute and relative path, relative path is

/pdf

Relative path setting shows directory exists and is writable.

When I try to use absolute path I get

Status (absolute) No path defined yet. Please define then apply setting to get result of check.

even after applying setting.

Created a new user after applying change to subscription plan, logged in as that user and accessed folder that is supposed to be protected, no protection, which isn't surprising as there is no .htaccess file in that folder.

Inspection of comprofiler table cb_folderaccess column shows entries for the new user and others, but not all. The new user does not have a subscription that would allow access.

Richard Brundage

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 months ago #284598 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Folder Access Integration Not Working
It doesn't generate the htaccess until first login attempt or registration. Those are the only triggers for the htaccess and htpswd files to generate. If it's not generating then most likely the path is incorrect. Ensure you've also enabled debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuring during testing so you can see any errors being output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #284603 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic Folder Access Integration Not Working
Thanks for the prompt reply. I was able to get the htpasswd and htaccess files created when I logged in with a user that had a valid subscription to access the protected directory. Without the valid subscription nothing is created, that requirement wasn't clear to me from previous discussions on this topic, but maybe I just missed it.

The created files are in the /pdf directory, the structure of htaccess looks right and htpasswd has the user name and {SHA} password of the user who tried to access it. However, when I try to access a file in the protected directory I get a 404 error, whether I am logged in under the account which should have access or not. The file exists, because renaming htaccess so it isn't active results in the file loading.

Thanks for any insight into tracking this down.

Richard Brundage

Moderators: beatnantkrileon