Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Folder Access Integration Not Working

8 years 2 months ago #284606 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic Folder Access Integration Not Working
I think I have found the problem, seems that the following line is required in the .htaccess file

ErrorDocument 401 "Authorisation Required"

The 401 error response needs to be defined, this is evidently a new feature of Apache, found it in

www.ostraining.com/blog/coding/404-error-when-using-htpasswd/

Richard Brundage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 months ago #284627 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Folder Access Integration Not Working
Ah, thank you for your findings. It's working fine once you've added that? If so will create a bug ticket and fix for next CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #284632 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic Folder Access Integration Not Working
Yes, the htaccess and htpasswd protection of the folder worked as expected after the line

ErrorDocument 401 "Authorisation Required"

was added to the htaccess file. Upon clicking a link to a file in the protected folder user is prompted to enter username and password, if not correct the file does not load, if correct it does. Once established the credentials are retained until you quit the browser, not just log out or close the window. This all is as expect for htaccess file protection.

While you are looking at folder access it might be useful to be able to specify a location for htpasswd outside the directory being protected.

Thanks for your help in solving this.

Richard Brundage

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 months ago #284682 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Folder Access Integration Not Working
Ok, thank you for your findings. Have added a bug ticket for fixing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon