Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Hide user profiles when subscription expires?

• gsfaba
  • gsfaba
  • Add-ons
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #281113 by gsfaba
I'm a new user of CBSubs, and I've searched through the forums and documentation but can't seem to figure out one key function that I need.

My client is a small local business association. Members pay an annual fee to belong to the association, and in exchange, they can display their business's profile on the website. I've set up a few test profiles in Community Builder. (We've been using CiviCRM for this functionality, but it's more complex than my client needs.)

Is there a way to display the profiles of members' businesses to the public, and automatically unpublish the entire profile when the member's subscription expires? There is no content on the site that's visible to members only - all information is public. I just need to be able to hide/unpublish a member's CB listing if the member does not have a current paid membership.

Thanks very much for your help!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by beat. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
8 years 5 months ago #281599 by beat
First of all, sorry for our delayed reply, we have missed this post.

If you disable the user at expiry (by not allowing free lifetime plans with subscription in the general CBSubs settings), the user will be disabled, and thus his profile will disappear from the views. However if he tries to login, he will be presented with possibility to pay to reactivate his login (and profile).

But you can also use CB Auto Actions plugin to block or probably better ban the profile. Banning it means they can still login, but public access to the profile directly is blocked.

CB Auto Actions has also a redirect action. You can just check subscription status and redirect away on profile display.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• gsfaba
  • gsfaba
  • Add-ons
8 years 5 months ago #281619 by gsfaba
Thank you! Here's how I ended up solving the issue

1. I set up a new Joomla user group for members, called "GSFABA Members," with Registered as the parent group.

2. In Paid Subscriptions > Plans > [my plan] > Access > Subscribers User Access Level Settings, I set the User Group to GSFABA Members.

3. In Community Builder > List Management, I created a list called "All GSFABA Members." In the Usergroups field, I chose GSFABA Members.

4. I created a Community Builder Userlist menu item to display the "All GSFABA Members" list.

When a subscription expires, the user gets downgraded to Registered, so they're no longer in the GSFABA Members user group, and their profile is no longer displayed in the user list.

I hope this helps someone else!
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago #281984 by beat
Thanks for sharing your solution!

It is elegant.

I'm sure it will help others too!

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon