Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CBSubs - Dissapointing

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #281813 by DHWhite0324
[SOLVED] CBSubs - Dissapointing was created by DHWhite0324
I recommended use of CBSubs to the Board of Directors of our veterans organization so that we could provide our members the ability (finally) to pay dues and renew their dues online through the new Website I designed and published ( usncva.org/ ). That took some time.

Our need is to use CBSubs so that it integrates with the association signup form onsite ( usncva.org/login/sign-up-with-this-site.html ). The ACL already establishes and enforces content access across two dues-free membership categories and one dues-paying category. CBSubs seems to turn that on its head and force another layer of ACL-like content restrictions. All we want CBSubs to do is to tie into the existing CB fields and push members to our PayPal Business Account.

One thing in particular that is a problem is that our membership system is set up so that all dues-paying memberships expire on the same day of any given year although members may pay dues for 1, 2, 3, 4, or more years at once. CBSubs lets me configure memberships for 1, 2, 3, 4 + years but the year begins when one pays for the membership, and that's not how our system works. One might say that our system should not work as it does, but that's not for CBSubs to dictate.
B
Life memberships are, of course, for life (this is supported by CSubs).

I have searched through - manually(!) - the CBSubs Manual and have not identified a work around for any of our issues, such as:
  • Why use OpenSSL if the site is already protected by a Commodo SSL purchased through the Web host? (No, we don't "trust" OpenSSL and for good reason.)
  • Use radio buttons, not images, for payment gateway links
  • Lack of the ability to set a fixed expiration date
  • Simple means to add options to a membership plan (postage options, for instance, for the quarterly journal provided to dues-paying members) Created work-around - fixed

By the way, the documentation includes references to Mambots(!), the contents items are not hyperlinked to the corresponding content (a significant problem in a 155+ page file), and internal links are missing. I was impressed by the reference to a CSubs Use Case forum which, when I finally found it, seems to be dead - most entries are several years old.

Well, that's that. This thing has just frustrated and disappointed me very, very much. I will appreciate any suggestions.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by beat. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #281864 by DHWhite0324
Replied by DHWhite0324 on topic CSubs - Dissapointing
Any response to the questions?

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #281959 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CSubs - Dissapointing
For those with similar questions we've replied to them in the below individual topics.

CBSubs seems to turn that on its head and force another layer of ACL-like content restrictions. All we want CBSubs to do is to tie into the existing CB fields and push members to our PayPal Business Account.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/233776-cbsubs-registration-overrides-acl

Why use OpenSSL if the site is already protected by a Commodo SSL purchased through the Web host? (No, we don't "trust" OpenSSL and for good reason.)

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/233774-ssl

Use radio buttons, not images, for payment gateway links

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/233775-solved-payment-buttons

Lack of the ability to set a fixed expiration date

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/233783-csubs-fixed-expiration-date

Simple means to add options to a membership plan (postage options, for instance, for the quarterly journal provided to dues-paying members)

Doable with CBSubs Promotions or CBSubs Tax.

By the way, the documentation includes references to Mambots(!), the contents items are not hyperlinked to the corresponding content (a significant problem in a 155+ page file), and internal links are missing. I was impressed by the reference to a CSubs Use Case forum which, when I finally found it, seems to be dead - most entries are several years old.

We'll be significantly improving our documentation across all products after the launch of our new site where we'll have the tools to better provide documentation in online format.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by krileon.

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago #282201 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CSubs - Dissapointing
DHWhite0324,
I have reviewed all threads mentioned by Kyle for your concerns, and I see that they have all been carefully answered.

So have your concerns been resolved ? And can we mark this thread as solved ?

Best regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago #282470 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CSubs - Dissapointing
As all points have been properly addressed in the related threads mentioned above, I'm now marking this thread as solved. :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon