Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Only "This and (up-to) next 6 calendar months" in the Regular Validity duration - in CBSubs

• D1on
  • D1on
8 years 4 months ago #282273 by D1on
Hi,

It looks like there is no way to set CBSubs to provide "This and next 12 calendar months" (13 months for the price of 12) for new registrations and upgrades with the same price expiring on the 30th June 2017...?

We have all subscriptions set to expire on the 30 June 2016 and can't work out how to configure CBSubs to set existing subscriptions AND new subscriptions to display this month (June 2016) and have it expire on the 30 June 2017, sounds simple but it's not...

If the "Regular Plan pricing" had an option for "This and next 12 calendar months", this might work, but this option is not available as it stops at "This and next 6 calendar months"...

I have tried Different Price for first period (with many options) e.g. with Regular Validity duration set to "this calendar month" and "Bonus time" set to 1 year and it does look like this works for new new subscriptions:

1 June - 30 June 2017 (valid from now on) for ...

I'd also like to remove the "valid from now on" as this is misleading, this is a one time offer 13 months for the prices of 12 that has to end on ther 30 June 2017.

But it's not working for existing subscriptions, e.g.

Active, expiring on 30/06/2016
Renew Now: 1 June - 30 June 2016 for ...

It looks like there is no bonus time option in CBSubs for existing subscriptions (prior to expiry)...

Am I missing something?

I'm also using the latest nightly builds for CB and CBSubs as of today 3rd June 2016.

Thanks,

Dion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #282280 by beat
I believe all such combinations should be possible with CBSubs.

But I'm not sure to understand your request:

Do you wish to have all your new subscriptions also to end 30th June 2017 ?

Or just those of May to end on June 30th 2017, and the new ones of June 2016 to end July 2017 ? a new subscription starting e.g. on July 3rd to end 31st August 2017 ?

Also, what do you mean by "bonus time on existing subscriptions" ? a few examples for both new and existing subscriptions like I did above would help us understand :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by beat. Reason: Added precision that it should be possible

• D1on
  • D1on
8 years 4 months ago #282282 by D1on
Hi Beat,

Yes, all new AND existing subscriptions need to end on the 30th June 2017.

And all subscriptions need to end at the end of each finical year (30 June), regardless of when they are purchased or renewed.

For this month (June 2016), we want to offer new AND existing members 13 months for the price of 12 if they join or renew this month and their subscriptions all need to expire on the 30th of June 2017.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dion

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #282284 by beat

D1on wrote: Hi Beat,

Yes, all new AND existing subscriptions need to end on the 30th June 2017.

And all subscriptions need to end at the end of each finical year (30 June), regardless of when they are purchased or renewed.

For this month (June 2016), we want to offer new AND existing members 13 months for the price of 12 if they join or renew this month and their subscriptions all need to expire on the 30th of June 2017.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dion

If I understand correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong):

1. All subscriptions are calendar-year based, ending on a 30th of June every year.

2. New members subscribing between 1st of July of year Y (e.g. 2016) and 31st of May of Y+1 (e.g. 2017) have subscription up to 30th July of Y+1 (e.g. 2017).

3. New members subscribing between 1st and 30th of June of year Y (e.g. 2016) get subscription at same yearly price but valid up to 30th June Y+1 (e.g. 2017)

4. People with a valid subscription up to 30th June can renew in advance, and simply another year is added to their current subscription.

Is that right ?

If yes: That use-case is very simple and supported by CBSubs:

Plan Pricing tab settings:
1. Regular validity Duration: This calendar year
2. Start date of calendar year 07-01
3. Bonus time before first period start (for calendar-based durations): 1 month
4. Bonus time when reactivating expired subscriptions: 1 month or none as you wish
5. Renewable in advance by: 1 month (at least to respect use-case, or more as you wish)
6. Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows: Allow gap or overlap as you wish, knowing that a gap would be by full year June-to-June-of-next year.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by beat. Reason: fixed calendar year to 07-01
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• D1on
  • D1on
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #282305 by D1on
Hi Beat,

I have followed your instructions, but it's not working properly for existing subscriptions.

New subscriptions are displayed correctly as:

1 July 2016 - 30 June 2017 (valid from now on)

But existing members subscriptions are show like this:

Renew Now: 1 July 2015 - 30 June 2016

I have set the following:

Pricing and validity: Always same period and price

1 Regular validity Duration: This calendar year
2. Start date of calendar year 07-01 (as this is the start of the financial year in Australia)
4. Bonus time when reactivating expired subscriptions: No bonus (as this is not required)
5. Renewable in advance by: 1 month (for this month only, June 2016)
6. Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows: All options make no difference to what is displayed for existing members subscriptions) this does not show our required renewal expiry to the 30 June 2017 for existing subscribers....

Is there another way to get this to work properly for existing members subscriptions to allow them to renew their memberships this month (June 2016) and have their subscription extended to ther 30 June 2017 like new subscriptions?

Thanks,

Dion.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by D1on. Reason: typo

• nant
  • nant
8 years 4 months ago #282310 by nant

D1on wrote: Hi Beat,

I have followed your instructions, but it's not working properly for existing subscriptions.

New subscriptions are displayed correctly as:

1 July 2016 - 30 June 2017 (valid from now on)

But existing members subscriptions are show like this:

Renew Now: 1 July 2015 - 30 June 2016

I have set the following:

Pricing and validity: Always same period and price

1 Regular validity Duration: This calendar year
2. Start date of calendar year 07-01 (as this is the start of the financial year in Australia)
4. Bonus time when reactivating expired subscriptions: No bonus (as this is not required)
5. Renewable in advance by: 1 month (for this month only, June 2016)
6. Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows: All options make no difference to what is displayed for existing members subscriptions) this does not show our required renewal expiry to the 30 June 2017 for existing subscribers....

Is there another way to get this to work properly for existing members subscriptions to allow them to renew their memberships this month (June 2016) and have their subscription extended to ther 30 June 2017 like new subscriptions?

Thanks,

Dion.

Changing a plan does not affect existing subscriptions.

You would need to manually update each existing subscription end date.
Your CBSubs manual shows you how to do this.
Just find the subscription in your subscriptions icon area and click on its id number to get to edit area.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon