Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Automatically charge user after trial period ends

8 years 4 months ago #282841 by Strategisto2da
We have a plan set up with a 14 day free trial and wish to have the payment automatically charged at the end of the free trial if the subscription not cancelled by the user within the 14 day trial period.
It appears in our setup that when the 14 day trial is over, the user is not auto charged currently.
Is it possible to have this setup to auto charge the card after the trial is over?

Payment gateway: Paypal Normal gateway with Automated recurring billing enabled.
Multiple subscriptions per user is enabled if that matters.

I have attached a screenshot of the price settings for this plan if that helps.
I looked for other posts and documentation for this but cannot find anything.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago #282960 by beat
Joomla version ?
CB version ?
CBSubs version ?

Try installing latest nightly version if not nightly. Some fixes have been made in those areas.

IF nightly, then it seems that something makes the switch to subscription impossible. Here a short troubleshooting guide:
- Is your Paypal payment button "Pay" or "Subscribe" ?
- Is at Paypal the payment subscription registered ?
- Did you try to set paypal gateway to only autorecurring ? and in that case, does the payment subscription button appear ? if not, then there is a setting sissue or settings mismatch between plan and gateway, or between plans if multiple plans are used same time.
- If you set first payment 0.05 instead of 0, does it work as you intend ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon