Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Restrict CB menu tab links by plan

• stuntlist
  • stuntlist
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #282961 by stuntlist
Restrict CB menu tab links by plan was created by stuntlist
Hi,

We have a tab called Videos (hwdmediashare tab) and another called Resumes (CB tab with CB file fields) in CB. In CB Tabs I have used the Integration parameters to limit the access to the tab depending on what CB Subs plan the user has. If you are just a registered user you can not see the tab which is what we want.

But we have some links in the User menu and main menu which are like this:
/myprofile/userprofile?tab=Videos (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&tab=Videos&Itemid=69) and
/myprofile/userprofile?tab=Resumes (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&tab=Resumes&Itemid=69).
They are both set as External URL type menu items.

What I want to do is have it display a message that the user has to have a membership in order to access the tabs but instead what I am getting is the user profile being display (it doesn't have the Video and Resume tabs) but the user shouldn't get their user profile, they should get a message that they need to purchase a plan to display/access the tabs.

So, what I did is in the plans that have the Video and Resume allowed, I set these menu items in Integrations > Content > By Menu. That didn't work so I added in Integarations > Extensions > By URL parts the following:
Code:
option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile?tab=Videos option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&tab=Videos option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile?tab=Resumes option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&tab=Resumes
But that isn't working either.

Is there a way to get the menu links to not go to the User Profile, but to display the Member Subscription needed message instead?

Thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by stuntlist. Reason: added more URL parts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 3 months ago #283015 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Restrict CB menu tab links by plan
I don't think it can protect external urls. Install the latest CB nightly release and you'll now see a Tab parameter for the Community Builder > Profile menu type. In short it lets you link to a specific profile tab as an internal url. You should then be able to protect the below.

option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&tab=TAB_HERE

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• stuntlist
  • stuntlist
8 years 3 months ago #283024 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic Restrict CB menu tab links by plan
Hi Kyle,

I went to Downloads ( www.joomlapolis.com/downloads ) and got the CB version: pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.14+build.2016.06.16.19.39.02.18f2ce0c8.zip and installed it. Now I have this fatal error on the site: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home/xxx/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php on line 1433 both the front and backend. Did I get the wrong version? Do I go somewhere else for the nightly build? It looks like that build is from the 16th not last night. Where do you go now to find the nightly build?

When I go to: www.staging.stuntlist.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer all I get is the fatal error, so I don't know if there is a way to installed the new version other than via ftp?

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 3 months ago #283112 by krileon
What PHP version do you have? It's erroring at the plugin version checker when making the HTTP request with Guzzle. If not on PHP 5.4 please upgrade to PHP 5.4 at minimum.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• stuntlist
  • stuntlist
8 years 3 months ago #283124 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic Restrict CB menu tab links by plan
Hi Kyle,

Will the old CB 1.9.1 and CB Subs 3.0.0 still work on PHP 5.4?

We have the testing site on the same server as the live site. We need the live site to continue to run/work while we are figuring out how to upgrade everything.

Thank you.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 3 months ago #283175 by krileon

Will the old CB 1.9.1 and CB Subs 3.0.0 still work on PHP 5.4?

Probably will work fine. It however will not work on PHP7. Please note they're years behind, no longer maintained, no longer supported, and no longer tested.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon