Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Record offline payments received by members on members profile/CBSubs subscription

• D1on
  • D1on
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #283409 by D1on
Hi,

Is there a way from the Joomla backend area to record offline payments received by members on members profile/CBSubs subscription tab and then send them an invoice?

We have members who still pay offline and need to record these offline payments on their profile (for them) and then need to send them an invoice, but can't find a way to do this from the Joomla backend for these members who have paid offline and not via the website.

When adding a CBSubus subscription to members profiles (from the Joomla backend) there is no way to apply an offline payment for these members even though we have an offline payment option available via CBSubs.

Can you please let me know how to apply an offline payment for members when assigning a CBSubs Subscription plan from the Joomla backend for these members?

We need to be able to assign subscriptions to members profiles (from the Joomla backend) for them and show they have paid offline and then also need to be able to send them an invoice (like other members receive when paying by Credit Card) when we have applied a subscription and offline payment to their profile for them.

Thank you,

Dion.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by D1on. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
8 years 3 months ago #283410 by beat
You can do this from the front-end from the user's profile.

administrating users' permissions need to be set accordingly in CBSubs for subscriptions access and modification as well as payment recording.

Then it's a 2-step process in frontend: Go to user's profile, subscribe like him, and then add the offline-payment.

The user will then have access to his invoice from the bottom of his membership tab. You can add that information to the plan activation email that the user gets.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• D1on
  • D1on
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #283412 by D1on
Hi Beat,

Thanks for the quick reply, but I specifically asked if this can be done from the Joomla backend.

We have Joomla admin users (for this website) who already have the appropriate access in the Joomla backend and it would be much easier for these Joomla admin staff to do this from the Joomla backend instead of the front-end. Is there a way to do this from the Joomla backend?

Thanks,

Dion.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by D1on. Reason: typo

• beat
  • beat
8 years 3 months ago #283431 by beat

D1on wrote: Hi Beat,

Thanks for the quick reply, but I specifically asked if this can be done from the Joomla backend.

We have Joomla admin users (for this website) who already have the appropriate access in the Joomla backend and it would be much easier for these Joomla admin staff to do this from the Joomla backend instead of the front-end. Is there a way to do this from the Joomla backend?

Thanks,

Dion.

Sorry, no such workflows are available or scheduled at this time in the backend: Usually, people with backend access also have front-end access, and you can add a users-list for them in front-end which is similar to users-list in backend as well, and even more precisely filtered, so from a processing point of view I see no real advantage for doing it in the backend, while there are advantages with specific users-lists that are possible in the front-end.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• D1on
  • D1on
8 years 3 months ago #283438 by D1on
Hi Beat,

That's disappointing that Joomla admin users are not able to simply apply offline payments and subscriptions to users profiles from the Joomla backend.

It's far too complex trying to set the "administrating users' permissions accordingly in CBSubs for subscriptions access and modification as well as payment recording" for Joomla admin users to do all this from then front end ...

I have been reading chapter 11 "Working with the CB Fields and Tabs Protection Plugin" in the CBSubs 4.1 documentation and can't believe you make it so complicated to simply allow admin users to assign a membership plan and an offline payment to an existing members profile.

Using the CB Fields and Tabs Protection Plugin options is way too complicated with so many options that don't make sence..., I'm simply trying to allow the Owner access to view an edit only thier profile tabs as well as giving Admin Users access to view and edit all members profiles tabs.

The only way it looks like this can be done with CBSubs is to create yet another new Subscription Plan for Joomla Admin users and use this plan to display and hide tabs, but even trying to implement this method is too complicated and does not work as expected for Admin users...

Can you please let me know how to simply allow Admin users to assign a subscription to an existing menbers profile and to then apply an offline payment to this members subscription.

Thank you,

Dion.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 3 months ago #283456 by krileon

Can you please let me know how to simply allow Admin users to assign a subscription to an existing menbers profile and to then apply an offline payment to this members subscription.

If they visit a users profile on frontend they can use that users Subscription tab on that users behalf. This means they'd need to select the plan to subscribe to then select the offline payment gateway on the basket. Next they can pay it from backend. There's no way to generate baskets from the backend at this time so this is the only way if you want the basket to exist for admin given subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon