Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] this and next 11 calendar months?

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #284321 by gilbertstudios
[SOLVED] this and next 11 calendar months? was created by gilbertstudios
hello,

i have set up four plans in our new website for our society club...

-- These allow the members to pay for 1 mo, 3 mos, 6 mos or 1 year.

Similar to your example in the documentation, I am using "this calendar month" for the one month option.
I have also found "This and next 2 calendar months" for the 3 mo plan.
and "This and next 5 calendar months" for the 6 mo plan.

What should i do for the yearly plan?

What I really need is an option for "this and next 11 calendar months" to do the same thing, but there isn't an option for that..

And I don't believe "this calendar year" is the right option, because there is no fixed date that it should focus on.

What should I do?

Thanking you in advance!!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 months ago #284362 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic this and next 11 calendar months?
This and next 11 calendar months is just 12 calendar months. So using the "This calendar year" duration would be what you're needing. You can leave the start date empty so it's probably set to the years end.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #284366 by gilbertstudios
Replied by gilbertstudios on topic this and next 11 calendar months?
Can you leave the start date blank?
...because I want it to be a revolving 12 months based on when that one member signs up, and not based on one date that applies to everyone.

That's why the other "this calendar month and x next" options work perfectly for what I'm trying to do.
...but I need a similar option to work for the full year...
...does that make sense?

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 months ago #284398 by krileon

...because I want it to be a revolving 12 months based on when that one member signs up, and not based on one date that applies to everyone

Yes, the start date tells CBSubs when the year begins. If you want 12 months regardless of when they start then you'd use a 1 year duration. This calendar year, along with calendar month, are not exact year or month durations; they are within the year or month respectfully. For example if you use this calendar year and they subscribe in June they'll expire at the end of December because that's when that year ends.

That's why the other "this calendar month and x next" options work perfectly for what I'm trying to do.
...does that make sense?

The equivalent of that is to use "This and next calendar year". What you asked for was "This and next 11 months", which is just mathematically "This calendar year".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #284404 by gilbertstudios
Replied by gilbertstudios on topic this and next 11 calendar months?
Hi Kyle,

I appreciate your help, and yet i don't feel like i'm adequately explaining my needs on this.

krileon wrote:

...because I want it to be a revolving 12 months based on when that one member signs up, and not based on one date that applies to everyone

Yes, the start date tells CBSubs when the year begins. If you want 12 months regardless of when they start then you'd use a 1 year duration. This calendar year, along with calendar month, are not exact year or month durations; they are within the year or month respectfully. For example if you use this calendar year and they subscribe in June they'll expire at the end of December because that's when that year ends.

I understand that, and yet it is not what i want to happen...

I want them to receive the full 12 months of membership, based on the calendar months (and not a full 365-day year, and not based on the calendar year just until December - or any fixed date).

...whereas...
-- If i use "1 Year", then the system will calculate essentially 356 days, based on the day of sign up plus one year. Isn't that right?
-- And if I use "This Calendar Year", they will expire on December 31, no matter what day they sign up.

I want them to be able to sign up for one year of membership, based on a 12 month period. (with whole calendar months as the increment).

krileon wrote:

...does that make sense?

The equivalent of that is to use "This and next calendar year". What you asked for was "This and next 11 months", which is just mathematically "This calendar year".

...to my mind, it's not mathematically the same at all...

-- "This and next calendar year" could be up to two years (depending on day of sign up),

-- and again, "this calendar year" will end in December, regardless of when they sign up. (and that could make it 12 mos, or 6 or 3 or 1 month)

...whereas "This and next 11 months" is mathematically 12 months, regardless of sign up date.

Does that make sense?

Am I explaining this well / not?

Thanks again for all your help!

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #284468 by krileon
I don't think you're understanding how "this calendar.." durations work. Even this calendar months are not working how you think. If they subscribe half way through a month that month ends at the end of that month. So they technically only get half a month. If you use this calendar month + 2 months then they'd only have 2 and a half months. This calendar year works the same way. The catch is you can give bonus time for this calendar year. For example if they subscribe 3 months before the year ends they get those 3 months free and are subscribed till end of next year.

..whereas "This and next 11 months" is mathematically 12 months, regardless of sign up date.

That's exactly what a 1 year duration is. I'm sorry, but there's no usage that forces the renewal to stay month by month; that's not possible without the price dynamically altering or free time given so a month can be the expiry date of their subscription. For that just use this calendar month duration and allow auto recurring. With this calendar year the user could potentially have lost time so that's not an option since you guaranteed want them to have 12 months.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon