Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] this and next 11 calendar months?

8 years 2 months ago #284492 by gilbertstudios
Replied by gilbertstudios on topic this and next 11 calendar months?

krileon wrote: I don't think you're understanding how "this calendar.." durations work. Even this calendar months are not working how you think. If they subscribe half way through a month that month ends at the end of that month. So they technically only get half a month. If you use this calendar month + 2 months then they'd only have 2 and a half months. This calendar year works the same way. The catch is you can give bonus time for this calendar year. For example if they subscribe 3 months before the year ends they get those 3 months free and are subscribed till end of next year.

Yes, I do understand how they work...and that is how my client wants it to work.

It is similar to the "Society Club" that is referenced in your docs.
...Except, instead of per "calendar year" - They want the membership fees to be applied monthly, in whole month increments.

krileon wrote:

..whereas "This and next 11 months" is mathematically 12 months, regardless of sign up date.

That's exactly what a 1 year duration is. I'm sorry, but there's no usage that forces the renewal to stay month by month; that's not possible without the price dynamically altering or free time given so a month can be the expiry date of their subscription. For that just use this calendar month duration and allow auto recurring. With this calendar year the user could potentially have lost time so that's not an option since you guaranteed want them to have 12 months.

i see... so it's just not possible.

I understand, and i thank you for your help trying to sort this out.

We'll just have to make do with the "1 year" duration.

Thanks again. I appreciate your time!

--case closed--
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon