Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Community Builder Updates overview always outdated

• startup
  • startup
  • Add-ons
8 years 2 months ago #284505 by startup
Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the latest CB Subs 4.1.0.

In my site's System -> Control Panel -> the list of installed CB plugins lists always everything as out of date because of what looks like a case-mismatch when comparing strings. For example, my current CB Paid Subscriptions plugin is shown as version 4.1.0.BUILD.2016.07.29.21.30.10.5.C.5.BD.7.DFC which is marked as red and outdated because the current version is shown to be 4.1.0+build.2016.07.29.21.30.10.5c5bd7dfc

Now, as you can see, these seem to be the same versions except capitalization and having '+' where it shows '.', etc. This is the case not only for CB Paid subscriptions plugin but for every single CB plugin I have installed.

This makes it very difficult to keep uptodate because everything is flagged in red as out of date, when it actually is not out of date.

Is there anything I am doing wrong? Or is this a known bug which might be solved soon to correctly compare the installed vs. latest versions?

Thank you very much for your help!

PS I am running CB 2.0.14 on Joomla 3.6.1

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 months ago #284524 by krileon
Install the latest CB build. Its version checker is bugged unless you're up to date. Once CB it self is up to date check if any plugins are still showing out of date and if they are install latest builds to see if that solves it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• startup
  • startup
  • Add-ons
8 years 2 months ago #284530 by startup
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. As far as I know CB 2.0.14 is the latest version, which is what I am running. I also installed all the latest components.

The version strings of what I have installed match with what it reports is the latest versions EXCEPT capitalization somehow. Please see the attached screenshot from my original ticket. Looking at the strings, it seems the string compare has a problem somehow:

4.1.0.BUILD.2016.07.29.21.30.10.5.C.5.BD.7.DFC versus
4.1.0+build.2016.07.29.21.30.10.5c5bd7dfc

I think that's why it's claiming to be outdated when it is actually not. Anyways, I installed all the latest versions I could download today from your site and it still claims all plugins are out of date.

Thanks again,
Oliver

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 months ago #284563 by krileon
Latest CB is 2.0.14+build.2016.07.19.01.59.29.f1d8bdbed. You can find your exact build version in CB > Configuration at the top.

The version strings of what I have installed match with what it reports is the latest versions EXCEPT capitalization somehow. Please see the attached screenshot from my original ticket. Looking at the strings, it seems the string compare has a problem somehow:

4.1.0.BUILD.2016.07.29.21.30.10.5.C.5.BD.7.DFC versus
4.1.0+build.2016.07.29.21.30.10.5c5bd7dfc

I think that's why it's claiming to be outdated when it is actually not. Anyways, I installed all the latest versions I could download today from your site and it still claims all plugins are out of date.

It's because CB it self is out of date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon