Skip to Content Skip to Menu

set authorize.net to authorize only and NOT capture?

8 years 1 month ago #284906 by gilbertstudios
New question from my client:

Apparently, their "old" site was set up to only "authorize" the credit card payments and keep them in the "Unsettled Transactions" area of their authorize.net account.

...Whereas, it seems, THIS site is set to "Transaction Type: Authorization and Capture"

Is there any way to change this in the CBSubs settings or gateway settings?

== Change the Transaction Type to Authorization only?

Furthermore, if possible...

They would want all the new / registering members to be Authorization Only, whereas the existing members (renewing upgrading, etc) could be Authorization and Capture.

Is this possible at all?

Thank you for all your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #284936 by krileon
CBSubs automates the process. This means it authorizes, charges, and activates subscriptions automatically. Why does your client want to remove automation in favor of manual approval? I'm aware of no functionality in CBSubs to force this. I don't think what you're wanting is possible unless you make a customized version of the authorization gateway and change how its API usages behave (especially the conditioning).

If approval is need I highly recommend doing it before they ever initiate a payment to begin with (e.g. enable approval before payment under the Workflows tab of your plans).

I'm really confused by users constantly requesting manual actions for an automated system. The entire point is to remove headache, not create.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilbertstudios

8 years 1 month ago #284945 by gilbertstudios
Replied by gilbertstudios on topic set authorize.net to authorize only and NOT capture?
i understand completely.

i was baffled when they told me they wanted their credit card processing website to not process the credit cards.

***shaking my head***

we just do the best we can. am i right?

thanks again for your all your help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• beat
  • beat
8 years 1 month ago #284960 by beat
In Ogone gateway you can choose "Payment type" as "Reservation only, Defered sale"

However, CBSubs provides no way to automate the capture part. So then you need to login to Ogone to approve manually payments.

Payment reservations (authorization only) can make sense, and are actually even mandatory when the delivery is not immediate, as the Capture (reserved payment completion) should only occur at product delivery time.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, gilbertstudios

Moderators: beatnantkrileon