Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Membership card

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
8 years 1 month ago #285664 by AlexRag
Membership card was created by AlexRag
I'm toying with the idea of using membership cards to go along with a CBSubs powered membership and wondered if something like this can work with the extension?

I was looking at somehow creating a ticket (pdf) but it's automatically filled out with the member name and term of membership that they can print and use for discount offers at participating local establishments. I suppose it could just be a fancy receipt (much like an event ticket).

Is this possible at all?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #285695 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership card
Suppose if you've something that can generate a PDF then yes. CB Content Bot can substitute in CB user data at all content.prepare supported locations and now CBSubs can do the same for a users subscription information. So if you've something that can generate the PDF from a content.prepared string then should work fine. Maybe even a code field and simply write all the PHP to output it as a GD2 image. We've nothing that provides exactly what you're out of the box though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
8 years 1 month ago #285697 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Membership card
That sounds promising. Do you have any suggestions what might be out there (I'm assuming another extension) that can generate a PDF and can work with CBSubs data?

I'll have a closer look at the CB Content Bot as well.

Are there any plans to have CBsubs create pdf receipts for memberships? If this is in the works, this may be just the thing I need to explore the idea of a membership card.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #285707 by krileon
I'm not aware of any such PDF generating extensions. I recommend checking Joomla.org extension directory though as some could exist.

Are there any plans to have CBsubs create pdf receipts for memberships?

Not at this time, no.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
8 years 1 month ago #285725 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Membership card
Any tips/leads on developers that may be available to develop something like this. No luck on JED.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #285743 by krileon
Nope, best I can suggest is look into generating either an image (relatively easy using GD) or PDF using PHP then add your code to a Code field if no extension is available to provide this functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon