Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plan Image plugin - how to point to direct to different URL

• startup
  • startup
  • Add-ons
8 years 1 month ago #285666 by startup
Hi Team,

I have another question re the Plan Image plugin. I saw it's possible to activate so that users clicking on an image associated with a plan are taken to that particular plan's upgrade URL.

I am wondering if it's possible to change that somehow to the URL where a user can see all the plans he can to chose to upgrade from? The background is that we have various monthly and annual plans, and I'd like users who click on any Plan image to see all options of plans and then decide for themselves which one to upgrade to.

Alternatively, any custom URL to send pro plan images (such as specific Joomla articles) would be great.

Thank you for your advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #285701 by krileon
It's possible using substitutions in the fields layout parameters. Specify the below for Profile Value Layout under Parameters > Layouts of your plans image field.

Code:
<a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans">[value]</a>

That should link the entire field to the plans display page where they can select any of your available plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• startup
  • startup
  • Add-ons
8 years 1 month ago #285767 by startup
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for the fast response. I tried it but it had no effect. To make sure I did the right thing:

I added that URL you gave to the field in CB fields manager of type Plan Image. I went to the Parameters -> Layout tab and assigned this for Profile Value Layout as well as Userlist Value Layout.

However, it just continues to redirect to URL of the form with the &plans= parameter at the end.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=17

Is there anything else I need to configure elsewhere to make this happen?

Thank you again!

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #285811 by krileon
You need to turn off linking to the individual plans for that plans image field otherwise you've a link within a link, which is not valid HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: startup

Moderators: beatnantkrileon