• autobahn
  • autobahn
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #285919 by autobahn
[SOLVED] Can't 'upgrade' to a free plan was created by autobahn
We have three plans:
  1. A one-year paid-for plan
  2. A one-year free plan for certain members
  3. A free lifetime plan

Only the one-year paid-for plan is presented in the front end.

If I want to 'upgrade' a member from a paid-for plan to a free plan I would do it from the back end but neither free plan is displayed as an option.

On the free plans 'Propose plan for upgrades only if it is more expensive' is set to NO.
On all plans 'Propose spontaneously plan for upgrades' is set to YES
None of the plans have either static or dynamic conditions which would prevent the upgrade to a free plan from being allowed.

What am I doing wrong?
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #285991 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't 'upgrade' to a free plan
Do your plans have their access set correctly under the Access tab to ensure they're accessible by the user? Also within CBSubs > Settings > Global ensure you've upgrades enabled with "Show subscription plans upgrade possibilities" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• autobahn
  • autobahn
8 years 1 month ago #286002 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Can't 'upgrade' to a free plan
Thanks for such a prompt reply.

I reset "Show subscription plans upgrade possibilities" to Yes and it made no difference.

The access level for the Free 1-year Plan was set to 'Club Admin' which is the level for all subscriptions administrators so should have been sufficient. In addition, I was logged in as Super User so it should have worked for me. Anyway, I changed the access level on the Free 1-year Plan to 'Public' and it now appears on the backend as it's supposed to. I'm comfortable with this as CBSubs backend is only accessible to certain users and the plan is not presented on registration.

I just need to test whether it is presented on renewal (which it shouldn't) and I'll be happy.

Access Permissions can be very confusing at times!

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #286013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't 'upgrade' to a free plan
Set "Renewable in advance by" to "Non-renewable" under the Pricing tab of your plan to block renewals.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: autobahn

• autobahn
  • autobahn
8 years 1 month ago #286023 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Can't 'upgrade' to a free plan
Spotted that one :) I've checked everything and all works as intended. Many thanks for your help - it was driving me nuts!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon