Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Authorize.net Emulation - Response Codes?

• itsjeff
  • itsjeff
7 years 10 months ago #288472 by itsjeff
Joomla 3.6.4
CB 2.0.15
CBSubs 4.1.0

I'm having a big problem with online payments using authorize.net emulation. It processes the transaction, but the response is not good & the resulting display is misleading.

I found two similar problems reported years ago, with no responses:
Payment Confirmation / Thank You Text
Payjunction, using the authorize.net emulation

It shows the message and beneath it continues to load the checkout/payment panels as seen here:

The message reads:

"Returned text: 1 0 1 This transaction has been approved. 123456 B 3386018493 N21 Active Member for username 150.0 CC auth_capture 1560 Full Name email 984449DCF9C0668A7A7E9457DEFFA68C N"

(the bold text had the user's data)

The appearance of the message and displaying checkout/payment panels may lead users to think it failed and they need to retry.

The payment gateway set up is with the authorize.net plugin. I've set it to Yes: AIM: Single Billing per payment and to use the "Other server compatible with Authorize.net" with their gateway emulator URL: heartlandus.transactiongateway.com/gateway/transact.dll . I've entered the API login ID, transaction key & hash. All the fields CB asks for match what their instructions describe to configure the gateway, except the silent posts section. I haven't yet asked if they support it, but CBsubs says it's optional & I was not worried about this yet, especially without using ARB.

Heartland offers emulation and support for AIM as well as SIM. They do not support XML AIM, CIM, ARB, DPM, Card Present, or Transaction Details APIs.

More info that may help - the site also has HikaShop and I ran some tests there. I was able to check out with no issue. I will be contacting Heartland's dev support for advice but would love your assistance given it seems to work in another usage.

What can be done to correct the response from the gateway, to return the success/confirmation message configured in CBsubs and allow the user to continue?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
7 years 10 months ago #288477 by beat
At very first glance, it looks like their returned result doesn't match what the specifications of Authorize.net specify as return text and that CBSubs expects.

Hope you can have them fix this incompatibility.

Otherwise we would have to look into it, but for that we would need a test-account and testing card instructions, plus that would require some development time to adjust.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: itsjeff

• itsjeff
  • itsjeff
7 years 10 months ago #288478 by itsjeff
Replied by itsjeff on topic Authorize.net Emulation - Response Codes?

beat wrote: At very first glance, it looks like their returned result doesn't match what the specifications of Authorize.net specify as return text and that CBSubs expects.

Hope you can have them fix this incompatibility.

Otherwise we would have to look into it, but for that we would need a test-account and testing card instructions, plus that would require some development time to adjust.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have contacted their developer support as well and have not yet received a response.

It is possible in their gateway config to customize response variables, but maybe only what fields and not what they say. Would that be useful? Is there somewhere to look in the CB Subs code if they are investigating?
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon