Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Subscription Plan is subscribed with status Upgrade

• osmodels
  • osmodels
7 years 5 months ago #293764 by osmodels
Hi

I have a membership plan with different pricing for first year (4500) and different pricing for subsequent years (3000).

In the Workflows tab, Subscriptions upgrades workflows, Allow Upgrade to this is set to No. So users can only register anew to this plan.

Most of the members registering for this plan are registered as new registrations with price as 4500, but a couple of members are registered as Upgrades with price as 3000 only for the same plan.

Can you tell me why this could be happening and how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Alladi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293768 by krileon
Review the user accounts that have subscriptions labelled as upgrades and see if they are new accounts or not. If not see what previous subscriptions they had (maybe they just renewed?).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• osmodels
  • osmodels
7 years 5 months ago #293971 by osmodels
Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying, as I had issues regarding forum access.

I checked the Paid Subscriptions History Log for a particular user.

This user newly registered on 1st May. A Payment Basket was created on this date (PR-N-2017-05-01), with payment status "Not Initiated". (amount is 5175 with taxes).

On the 2nd of May, "User subscription record created with status: R" log is created, with subscription status R. Another payment basket is created simultaneously, (PR-U-2017-05-02)- (amount 3450 with taxes). The user now completes the transaction.

The final log for this user is an error log. If you require admin access to view them, kindly tell me and I will provide it.

Can you help me find the cause for this? Why has the New subscription updated as an Upgrade?

Strangely, I noticed a few other users with the same issue. They all have the above error log and had not completed their payment upon registration immediately. Could this be the cause of the issue?

What needs to be done to resolve this issue?

Kindly help.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293978 by krileon
Strange, sounds like they registered and didn't pay. Then came back after the basket has expired. It then created a new basket and subscribed them, but I'm not sure what it was given R status, which is a renewal. It should've been a upgrade since they're already registered and then apply the initial price and duration. Do you allow free registrations without a subscription within CBSubs > Settings > Global?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• osmodels
  • osmodels
7 years 5 months ago #294107 by osmodels
Hi

In my CbSubs settings, I allow free registrations. Could this be the issue?

Also you mentioned basket timing out? Can I change this value to avoid these issues?

Please help. If necessary, I can provide my administrator details.

Many subscribers are registering without paying the initial period price because of this issue.

Regards,
Anu

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #294119 by krileon

In my CbSubs settings, I allow free registrations. Could this be the issue?

It shouldn't be, but I'm at a loss as to why it considered it a renewal and not an upgrade or new registration.

Also you mentioned basket timing out? Can I change this value to avoid these issues?

Yes, you can adjust the basket lifetime within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets.

What payment gateway are you using as it could be an IPN handling issue in the gateway.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon