Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plans Image in Kunena Sidebar

• micheleq
  • micheleq
7 years 5 months ago #293961 by micheleq
Plans Image in Kunena Sidebar was created by micheleq
Hi,

The only answer to this that I found was from 7 years ago and it doesn't seem pertinent anymore. So sorry for asking again.

I have implemented Plan images and I am displaying them fine in the CB profile. Now I'd like to include the Plan Image just like you are doing in the Kunena forum sidebar.

What I'm struggling with is in the CB Forums plugin, in field substitution I can't find a field in Kunena to match my cb_planimage field to show. Alternatively I have gone in the Sidebar substitution box, but I'm having trouble knowing which fields I can substitute.

Namely, I'm having issues with:
- [alias] this as I understand should be the profile link but it comes up blank.
- [cb_planimage] doesn't substitute at all

Username, avatar, personal text, posts, thank-yous, those work fine for me.

What am I doing wrong? Is there somewhere where I can know which are the fields I can use?

Thanks,
Tomás

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293976 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plans Image in Kunena Sidebar

- [cb_planimage] doesn't substitute at all

It's not a stored field so you have to do an HTML based substitution, which would be [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] instead of [FIELD_NAME]. See below tutorial for further substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

- [alias] this as I understand should be the profile link but it comes up blank.

This won't substitute in anything if they don't actually have an alias stored in database. If you need to use the profile url in a link you can reliably obtain it with the below.

[cb:url location="profile_view" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

• micheleq
  • micheleq
7 years 5 months ago #293988 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Plans Image in Kunena Sidebar

krileon wrote: www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Thank you for that, I had looked for it but couldn't find it.

I got it working as you have it. However I noticed that I lose a couple of things if I do it by replacing the sidebar, like the topic author and the online status which, no offence, is a lot better than the CB option. My users have gotten used to changing it to "away" or "offline" for privacy.

So I'm left with one question:

Is it possible to (maybe modifying the code) where the substitution is really just an appendage (i.e. like using [value] ... ) or is there a relatively short code that I could insert into the Kunena sidebar profile php page to add the plan image?

I hope it's not asking too much!
Thanks
Tomás

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293995 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plans Image in Kunena Sidebar

Is it possible to (maybe modifying the code) where the substitution is really just an appendage (i.e. like using [value] ... )

Nope, when it comes to replacing the sidebar it's all or nothing. You can substitute in CBs online status, but we've no functionality to change that status.

is there a relatively short code that I could insert into the Kunena sidebar profile php page to add the plan image?

I've no idea. Never tried overriding Kunena layouts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon