Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgrading from one plan to another

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294299 by katherine.a.minton
Upgrading from one plan to another was created by katherine.a.minton
I've been doing a lot of forum reading and also trying to find relevant information in the manual with regard to how members can upgrade from one plan to another when their plan expires.

The website has 3 different memberships, one is free and won't need to upgrade.

The other two memberships have 6 month, 3 month and one month plan options.

Please see here how I've set this up, hopefully correctly: allcarepartners.com.au/join/membership-plans/individuals and allcarepartners.com.au/join/membership-plans/service-providers

I need the 3month members to be able to upgrade to 6, and the 1 month to upgrade to either 3 or 6.

If someone would point me to the chapter in the manual or to an online tut or both to step me through how this works, I'd appreciate it.

I've enabled updating in the settings but perhaps updating doesn't become an option for the member until the membership is due to expire?
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by katherine.a.minton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294313 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrading from one plan to another
Ensure your paid plans are set to allow updates under the Workflows tab. This should already be the case by default. Next ensure your paid and free plans are all set to exclusive so they can only have 1 of them at any given time. If you need to restrict the upgrade path you'll need to configure upgrade conditions under the Workflows tab. Users can upgrade at any time unless you've configured a condition under the Workflows tab for upgrading to only be allowed if another plan is expired. Also ensure upgrades are enabled globally within CBSubs > Settings > Global.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by krileon.

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294322 by katherine.a.minton
Replied by katherine.a.minton on topic Upgrading from one plan to another
I've found how to set plans to exclusive - they already were. I'll check that all the other configurations are correct. Which I think they are - what I don't know and haven't seen evidence of yet, is how an upgrade option is displayed. Where do members see this?

Question Two: My clients now tell me that the free plan should be free only for 1 year and then they will have to pay. How would I best configure this?
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by katherine.a.minton.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294338 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrading from one plan to another

is how an upgrade option is displayed. Where do members see this?

Users can upgrade their plans from the Subscription tab on their profile or the plans page if you prefer a menu item for it.

Question Two: My clients now tell me that the free plan should be free only for 1 year and then they will have to pay. How would I best configure this?

Create a 1 year free exclusive plan and configure it to be non-renewable using the renewable in advance parameter under the Pricing tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon