Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Email Field Won't Display

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 7 months ago #302898 by wjgadmin
Email Field Won't Display was created by wjgadmin
Hi guys,
I have been loving the CBSubs field/integration options, however I can't seem to get the field "Email" to work properly for some reason. All the other fields are working as expected. For example:
I have set multiple fields of the user's profile only viewable to a specific custom CBSubs plan I created and the admin is the only one subscribed to this plan, named "CB Moderator" (see image). So in the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect of the corresponding "Email" fields, regardless of me setting it to allow access ONLY to the CB Moderator, it is still not visible on their profile when the CB Moderator (me) is logged in. I do see all other fields that I have restricted the exact same way however.
The only thing I can see that is slightly different is that there is a setting in CB Configuration/General/Email Handling which I have set to "Do Not Display Email". I've set this to display, however when I do that & restrict it via the field, it still shows in the user's Profile Menu and so everyone else sees it which is not what we want because their contact info is private. My understanding is that the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect integration should be overriding this only on the field itself, correct?
So any idea why I cannot get it to display for the CB Moderator? Please see the image and you will see how I have it enabled for the CB Moderator. Thank you!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #302925 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email Field Won't Display
Be careful with blocking core fields like Email, Username, Name, Params, etc.. Those are necessary for Joomla and CB to function correctly. So be sure you're only blocking them on profile views at most.

As for your issue it's probably due to "Email Handling" within CB > Configuration > General. Be sure it's set to display. Next within CB > Field Management ensure the Email field is set to display on profile. That should allow it to display fine as long as your CBSubs status check is met. You won't be able to block the menu item unless you use By URL Part protection provided by CB Content and protect the following URL.

option=com_comprofiler&view=emailuser

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by krileon.

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #302926 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Email Field Won't Display
Uh oh... in that case how do we hide this information from public view. Our members take privacy seriously & I’d prefer not to show/display their first name, last name, email, phone etc... publicly.
Basically we’d only want those to show up on the owner & moderators/admins view whereas it’d be hidden from all others.
I do realize that we can select not to show it on the profile in the field/global tab. However if possible we’d like for the owner to see their first/last name fields & email on their own profile.
Is that possible? Can you please advise?

Additionally if that is not possible, I currently have the fields first & last name (not “name”) hidden via the integration method. Worst case is I can leave their email off their profile but is it okay to block the first & last name fields?
Thank you, keep up the great work guys!
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by wjgadmin.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302928 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email Field Won't Display
You can block them in profile views safely. Setting "Email Handling" to "Display Email Only" should prevent the display of the menu item as it'll just output the raw email address.

One option is to move the tab that this information is on to a not shown on profile position. Next create a new tab with the view access level set to same as your Moderator View Access Level within CB > Configuration > Moderation then add Custom HTML fields on it to substitute in whatever information you like that you want moderators to see.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 7 months ago #302934 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Email Field Won't Display
Will give this a try indeed thank you Kyle!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon