Skip to Content Skip to Menu

member function error

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 3 months ago #306328 by wjgadmin
member function error was created by wjgadmin
hi all,
when a member tries to update their password or profile, if they accidentally forget or mistype the captcha or other fields they're directed to an error page as follows:
"0 Call to a member function get() on null"

could you please update this or let us know how to resolve it so they are not seeing an error, rather a notification letting them know they need to make the correction? this looks bad to the end user. thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #306337 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic member function error
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry. That should output the full error; including its path. That typically happens when something is trying to call ->get on a $user object that isn't a user object.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 2 months ago #306344 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic member function error
I did as you suggested and this time the error was as it should be and simply displayed at the top of the page:
**Error**
: This field is required!
Now it seems that I cannot reprocuce the issue any longer. Shall I just consider us lucky in this case or is there a reason, meaning could that have resolved it? Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #306357 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic member function error
I'm guessing it may have been an installed plugin or the user wasn't synchronized with CB properly. Be sure not to create users outside of CB. If you do then be sure to run the synchronize users tool in CB > Tools. If issue shows up again try unpublishing installed CB plugins 1 by 1 within CB > Plugin Management until issue goes away to see if a plugin is causing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon