Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Automatic upgrade to different plan on anniversary based on age

• CBSheen
  • CBSheen
5 years 11 months ago #308423 by CBSheen
We are a Tennis and Squash club looking to replace our largely manual invoice and subscription service with CBSubs since our membership details are held on Community Builder.
A key criteria is automation of processes since the club is largely supported by volunteer effort.
So far this is looking good with the ability for member self registration and annual automated reminders.
All is well with memberships that roll on from year to year. There is always the odd member who wants to change from full to off peak or vice versa and we are happy to process this manually if necessary or give them an option at renewal time. Renewals are based on the anniversary of joining.

The problem I am struggling with now is the best way to automate natural breaks based on age. To simplify the problem into a single case, (we actually have several age categories to avoid massive subscription rises from one year to another) consider the progression of junior to senior once the member reaches a given age (say 18). We have kids of all ages joining and we need to move them into a senior category at the first renewal after they reach the age of 18.
We have a CB field holding the year of birth (cb_yob) which is on the registration form. Our membership subscription rules are based on the age attained in the year ending 31st December. So if a member has their 19th birthday anywhere in year 20XX then in that year their subscription ncheeds to change to the senior category. So on joining we know when their change of plan will be.
Can you suggest the most appropriate way/set of tools that this could be addressed?
Many thanks
CBSheen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 11 months ago #308445 by krileon
You can condition plan visibility under the Workflows tab based off the value of a field, but this is only for new subscriptions and upgrades. There's no conditions available for renewals. The upgrade and registration conditions would at least ensure they've the appropriate subscription during registration or when their age changes to allow upgrade from profile. However to block the renewals you'll need a means of basically cancelling their subscription and the only way I can think of to automate that is probably CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon